Chapter 7: 5am

Oikawa stood outside his house in the cold on winter. Dressed in just a pair of shorts and a graphic tee.

Just then he heard the footsteps coming closer and closer. His heartbeat got faster and faster.

Oikawa decided he would catch Iwaizumi on his morning jog and maybe just maybe he'd be able to talk to him. Not the way they used to cause he knew that was near to impossible now but he'd like to get somewhat of a conversation going. Without Iwaizumi walking off while speaking.

Just then get saw Iwaizumi coming right towards him and he jogged to him. Shivering in the attire he wore was too thin for a winter morning.

"Hey!" Oikawa called out to Iwaizumi jogging up to him.

"What're you doing here?" Iwaizumi asked coming to a stop.

"Thought of joining you for a morning run." Oikawa smiled.

"I didn't invite you." Iwaizumi said before jogging off.

"Well I know I invited myself," Oikawa told him jogging behind him.

"You shouldn't be out in the cold dressed like that." Iwaizumi told Oikawa not even turning around.

"Iwachan, you noticed what I was wearing? But you didn't even look at me." Oikawa said confused.

"You'll catch a cold." Iwaizumi said stilling looking up ahead.

"You'll catch a cold too," Oikawa said clearly he wore the same type of attire Iwaizumi wore to prove a point.

"You shouldn't be running, Oikawa."

This was the first time Iwaizumi had taken Oikawa's name and I put butterflies in Oikawa's stomach.

"Try to stop me!" Oikawa yelled before running ahead of Iwaizumi.

"Oi, you'll-"

"Catch me if you can," Oikawa said before running off like a child.

Oikawa had ran way out of his sight. Grunting he ran after him.

Iwaizumi finally found Oikawa sitting on a swing. A swing in a park. It was the park they used to come to as kids.

"Don't tell me you don't recognize this place Iwachan." Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi.

"I remember," Iwaizumi spoke taking the place on the swing beside Oikawa. "Why'd you come here."

"Nostalgia I guess," Oikawa replied.

"How've you been?" Oikawa asked Iwaizumi turning to face him.

"Annoyed by you obviously." Iwaizumi rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious," Oikawa said looking Iwaizumi in eyes. "I know we've not be in contact for a while now..." he paused to see if Iwaizumi was listening and he was apparently.

"But I'd like to uh..pick up where we left off..no I mean..can we try to be friends again?" Oikawa stuttered looking down at the dirt.

"I don't think that's possible." Iwaizumi replied sighing.

"What do you mean not possible??" Oikawa exclaimed at Iwaizumi.

"We were best-"

"Were, Oikawa we were." Iwaizumi replied getting up from the swing.

"I don't think we can go back to the way things were-"

"I never said I wanted to go back to the way things were." Oikawa cut Iwaizumi off receiving a confused look from Iwaizumi.

"I want to start over," Oikawa spoke. "I want us to be able to talk to each other, to help one another, to be there for one another. Iwachan I want to be there for you."

_____________
The lengths Oikawa would go to prove a point to Iwaizumi :,)