Chapter 15: Photographs

Isuzu sat in between Iwaizumi and Oikawa on the couch with the album open in her hands as they browned though.

"You look so cute uncle Oikawa!" Isuzu exclaimed pointing at a picture of Oikawa and Iwaizumi as kids in Halloween costumes.

"Oh man this one is hella old," Iwaizumi laughed. "I forgot that I even had this."

"We were probably the same age as you in this." Oikawa looked closely at the picture.

"You and uncle Oikawa have been friends for so long, huh?" Isuzu said looking down at the picture.

"I wish I had a friend like that." She pouted.

"You'll find one-" Iwaizumi started but was cut off by Isuzu gasping.

"Uncle Oikawa!"

"Uh yes!" Oikawa replied instantly.

"Why aren't you married?" She asked out of the blue.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa locked eyes for a brief second before Iwaizumi pulled away.

"I- I...ah" Oikawa stuttered.

"Come on Zuzu it's rude to ask such questions." Iwaizumi told Isuzu.

"Why daddy? It's a simple question" she asked innocently.

"Zuzu-" Iwaizumi said in a bit of a strict tone.

"People ask why mom left you and why you don't get re-"

"Isuzu that is enough." Iwaizumi said in a stricter tone but not loud.

"But-"

"It's okay." Oikawa broke in. "I don't mind answering. "I'm not married because I was selfish."

"Selfish?" Isuzu asked confused.

"I took things for granted and lost the love of my life." Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi to lock eyes with him.

"That's sad," Isuzu said looking down at the album in her hands. I'm sure you'll find love again." She looked up at Oikawa smiling.

"I hope so too," Oikawa said looking at her smiling.

"And when you go have a baby me and him or she can be best friends like you and daddy," she said excitedly.

Oikawa felt something touch his hand from behind Isuzu. Before he knew it Iwaizumi's hand was laying over his hand.

This sends butterflies erupting in Oikawa's stomach. He immediately looked up at Iwaizumi but he was looking at another picture in the album.

Iwaizumi'a thumb brushed against the top of Oikawa's hand and it sent goosebumps all over him.

"This picture has a pretty interesting story." Iwaizumi said. "So the theme was medieval times and I wanted to go as...."

"Knight!" Isuzu said pointing at the picture of Iwaizumi.

"And Oikawa...." Iwaizumi stretched waiting for Oikawa to say something.

Oikawa rolled his eyes "I wanted to be the king."

"OH MY GOD, THAT'S SO COOL!" Isuzu exclaimed.

"I wish I had a partner in crime." She huffed.

"Where'd you learn that?" Iwaizumi asked Isuzu.

"I learned it from uncle Makki." She smiled "it's what the call-"

"He's watching crime shows with you again." Iwaizumi sighed. "I've told him to not let you watch them."

"But they're so good!" Isuzu argued.

"I'll have to drop you at grandma's now for when I, ah e to work late I guess." Iwaizumi said.

"I can babysit while I'm here." Oikawa offered. Giving Iwaizumi's hand a slight squeeze.

"Are you sure?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Of course!" Oikawa replied. "Besides I'm free till New Year anyways."

"Okay then." Iwaizumi pulled his hand back leaving Oikawa feeling down a bit. He enjoyed feeling Iwaizumi's hand on his.

"Imma go start getting ready for work you two hang out." Iwaizumi told them to get off the couch and heading out of the room.

______________________
Do we see old feelings rising again??