Chapter 11: Drunk

Placing Isuzu carefully on the bed Iwaizumi pulled the covers in on her. She was sound asleep. He cupped her face and smiled before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Oikawa stood in the doorway watching Iwaizumi. He was in complete awe. Watching Iwaizumi be the way he was with his daughter.

( Oikawa face rn 🥺 )

Walking out of the room Iwaizumi carefully shut the door making sure not to make any sound. He misguided to Oikawa to walk towards the living room.

"So what happened?" Iwaizumi asked with a concerned face.

"She saw a family pass by and..." he stretched out trying to get Iwaizumi to understand what he meant so he wouldn't have to say it.

"Ok." Iwaizumi looked at the floor then up again.

They both sat on the couch with a wide distance between them. Awkward. Is what Oikawa thought.

"Want to watch Christmas specials?" Oikawa asked.

"The what?" Iwaizumi asked confused.

"The Christmas specials that come on television," he started looking for the television remote.

"They're probably still running them," Oikawa told Iwaizumi turning on the television.

"Ok...." Iwaizumi replied.

"Don't tell me you haven't watched them!" Oikawa exclaimed. "I watch them every Christmas." He gave Iwaizumi a toothy grin.

"Want something to drink?" Iwaizumi asked getting up from the couch.

"Sure!" Oikawa replied getting comfortable on the couch.

"Home alone's playing!" He exclaimed. "Come on Iwachan." He called Iwaizumi.

"They still play that?" Iwaizumi asked handing Oikawa a bottle.

"Beer?" Oikawa asked looking up at Iwaizumi.

"You want Bourbon?" Iwaizumi asked still standing. "There isn't a lot."

"No no," Oikawa shook his head. "I mean is it okay if we drink?" Oikawa asked.

"Yeah, you shouldn't drink." Iwaizumi was about to take the bottle from Oikawa. When he pulled back and took a gulp.

"I can handle my beer," Oikawa said before turning to face the television again.

"As you say..." Iwaizumi said taking his place on the couch.

"It's been so long since I saw Home Alone." Iwaizumi told Oikawa. "It's so nostalgic."

Same. Oikawa thought to himself. He remembered watching movies with Iwaizumi all snuggled up in his arms.

I want to be held by Iwaizumi.

Just then Oikawa realized Iwaizumi wasn't sitting that far from him. All he hand to do it scoot a bit forward and they'd be touching shoulders. He ached to get just a bit more closer to him. But he couldn't. He couldn't mess things up again.

"I could go for a second, what about you?" Iwaizumi asked getting up from the couch and heading back to the kitchen not waiting for Oikawa's answer.

He came back with a cart full of beer.

"Woah!!," Oikawa's eyes popped out watching how much beer Iwaizumi just brought.

"I don't think this is a good idea," Oikawa said trying to stop Iwaizumi from doing something that he'll regret.

"I've got the evening shift tomorrow so I'm good." Iwaizumi replied handing Oikawa another bottle even though he hadn't finished the first one.

"Let's watch the movie now." Iwaizumi flopped onto the couch.

Not even halfway through the movie Iwaizumi had gulped down 5 beer bottles and they were not small bottles. Turing his focus back on to the movie playing.

The movie was almost finished when Iwaizumi spoke.

"Was I a good boyfriend?"

_______________________
Things aboutta get real heavy...