Chapter 63: Call you?

"Hajime?"

A petite brunette women dressed in a light pink dress stood at the opening of the elevator door.

"Why're you here?" Iwaizumi said in a cold tone. It seemed like Iwaizumi hadn't broken down in Oikawa's arms just seconds ago.

"I came to see my Zuzu." The brunette stated in a grim yet panicking tone.

"You have no right to-"

"This isn't the time Hajime." The brunette said as she entered the elevator. "The nurse said she's on the first floor." The brunette said as she pressed the first floor button.

"Why didn't you call me?" The brunette said turning to face Iwaizumi.

"Call you?" Iwaizumi scoffed. "Would've you even picked up?"

"Don't give me that bullshit." The brunette spat at Iwaizumi.

Oikawa felt angered at the way she spoke to Iwaizumi. Oikawa wanted to step in and give the brunette women a hearing but before he could've opened his mouth the elevator dinged letting them know they're on the first floor.

The brunette women rushed out of the elevator and started speed walking through the hall and Iwaizumi followed behind and grabbed her by the shoulder making her turn around to face Iwaizumi.

The brunette women exchange some words which were inaudible to Oikawa as he still stood in the elevator while Iwaizumi and the brunette exchanged words with a lot of hand gestures and the women slapped Iwaizumi before she walked away and took a turn towards the hallway that lead to Isuzu's hospital room.

Iwaizumi stood there a moment and held his cheek before Oikawa could go up to him Iwaizumi turned around sharply and jogged in the same direction as the brunette women and disappeared from Oikawa's sight.

Oikawa jogged behind Iwaizumi and reaching the outside of the room he saw Iwaizumi standing in the half opened door and from there Oikawa could see the brunette women sitting on the edge of the hospital bed hugging Isuzu.

Is she...?

"Yes." Iwaizumi said and that's when Oikawa realized her just said that out loud.

The brunette women called Iwaizumi by a hand gesture to come where she was while hugging Isuzu and Iwaizumi did so. Leaving Oikawa standing at the entrance of the door alone as he did so he saw Iwaizumi sitting on the other side of the hospital bed and hugged Isuzu and his wife.

I'm front of Oikawa was a family...a happy family once that broke but is now back together.

It sadden Oikawa to see the view that his eyes lay on but he was slightly happy too. 'As long as Isuzu is happy and safe...' Is what Oikawa told himself. As he was about to exit the room he heard a voice.

"Uncle Oikawa..." it was a frail voice, barely audible but enough for Oikawa's head spun around in an instant. It was Isuzu's voice.

Turning around Oikawa saw Isuzu holding out her hand towards Oikawa. She looked sad even though she had her both parents hugging her from both sides.

"Don't go..." is what Isuzu said next and something made Oikawa's heart clinch. "Please stay." Isuzu continued as her eyes teared up.

Why was she crying? Why did she still looks so sad even though she had her parents by her side. Why did she want Oikawa to stay? Why? Why?

Oikawa turned and started walking towards Isuzu on the hospital bed. Oikawa didn't intend to walk all the way up to the hospital bed but he did and held Isuzu outstretched hand.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." Oikawa told Isuzu and he felt Iwaizumi give Oikawa a look but Oikawa didn't care. As much as Oikawa loved Iwaizumi he loved Isuzu the same.

"Doctor Iwaizumi-" a nurse walked in. "I'm so sorry to intrude but the department head is calling for you." The nurse in formed Iwaizumi.

"I'll be there in a moment." Iwaizumi told the nurse. And the buster bowed and left the room.

"You're working at a time like this??" The brunette women stated more than asked Iwaizumi.

"Unlike some people I have to work to make a living for myself and my daughter." Iwaizumi said as he got up from the bed and Straightened his grey dress shirt and picked up his white doctors coat which Oikawa hadn't noticed on the small sofa on the side of the room.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The brunette women asked in a annoyed tone.

"Nothing." Iwaizumi said as he pulled on his coat. "Nothing at all."

___________________

Hella short chapter I know :<