Chapter 12: Not good enough?

Oikawa froze. He did not turn to face Iwaizumi and neither did his eyes blink. Where is this coming from. Oikawa asked himself.

"Was I not affectionate enough?" Iwaizumi asked Oikawa looking at the floor holding his beer.

"Did I not make you happy?"

"Why're you asking all this?" Oikawa asked confused to where this conversation was to go.

"She said she couldn't stand to see Isuzu die." Iwaizumi spoke after a pause continued. "Even though she knew it was cureable."

He's talking about Suzuki. Oikawa told himself. His wife.

"Maybe I couldn't be the husband she desired, maybe what I did was not good enough." He sighed. He held his head in on handshaking it while holding the beer bottle in the other. "Maybe she never really loved me." Iwaizumi said. Still his head in his palm.

"Iwachan," Oikawa took a deep breath.

"You made me very happy. Happier than I could ever expect." Oikawa put his hand on Iwaizumi's back.

"I mean it." Oikawa continued.

"Then why'd she have to leave!!" Iwaizumi aggressively brushed Oikawa's hand and stood up.

"She up and left without saying anything-"

"Daddy?"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi's eyes tuned to face Isuzu standing in the door frame crying.

"Zuzu what's wrong?" Iwaizumi rushed to Isuzu.

Picking her up in his arms he cooed her. "Bad dream?" Iwaizumi asked cradling her.

"M-mommy left t-t-then uncle o-Oikawa left t-t-too." She hiccuped rubbing her eyes.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi shared a looked before Oikawa came to where Iwaizumi stood cradling Isuzu.

"I'm not going anywhere," Wiping her tears. "I promise." He told her taking her in his arms from Iwaizumi was not very keen on doing so but he let Oikawa hold her.

"Come one let's watch a movie," Oikawa told her walking to the couch.

Now Oikawa sat on the couch with his legs folded with Isuzu sitting in his lap.

Iwaizumi sat on the opposite side of the couch looking at them. He smiled to himself.

_______________

Extremely short I know :/

My exams are starting so I'll be updating a wee bit slow but I shall not leave this story hanging I promise!