1

MEREDITH GREY

I woke up early in the morning. I looked outside and saw that the sun wasn't up quite yet. I looked to the side and saw that it was five in the morning and my alarm hadn't gone off quite yet.

I turned it off. I pushed the covers down and climbed out of bed. I walked into the bathroom, started the shower, and waited for the water to get hot. I unbuttoned my shirt, let it drop to the floor, and then took off my silk shorts, leaving me bare.

as the water was running I picked up my hairbrush off the sink counter and brushed the knots out of my hair. I set the brush back onto the counter before walking over to the shower. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run down my body.

after my shower, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a soft white towel around my body. I picked up another towel and started drying my hair with it. once my hair was mostly dry, I went downstairs to make breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen. I walked over to the coffee maker and started the coffee. I picked up two pieces of bread ad placed them in the toaster and pressed the lever down.

I picked up a pan and placed it on the stove burner before turning it on. I grabbed two eggs from the fridge and set them on the counter and waited for the pan to get hot enough. once the pan was hot, I picked up one egg and cracked it into the pan before cracking the other one as well.

I stirred them around with a spatula until they were fully cooked. once they were fully cooked the toast popped out of the toast. I picked up the toast and placed them onto a plate.

I grabbed a spoon and placed the eggs onto each piece of toast. I brought the plate over to the table before pouring the coffee into a mug and placed that on the table as well. I sat down and ate my breakfast.

after I finished eating, I got up and put my dishes into the sink, and ran some water on them. I turned the tap off. I went back upstairs and went into my bedroom. I went to my closet and picked out a simple red-work dress. I grabbed a pair of black heels with red bottoms before getting dressed.

after I got dressed I plugged my curler in. when it was hot I started curling my hair. I finished getting ready, then brushed my teeth. when I finished getting ready I went downstairs, grabbed my keys, my bag, and left the house locking the door behind me.

I got into the car and started driving to the hospital. Today is my first day of work as the new chief of surgery, I'm a little scared but everything should go fine.

Once I arrived I got out of my car and walked inside the building. I talked with a few people before going to another floor where my office was.

The elevator came to a stop and I got out. I started walking to my office when a man approached me. "Can I help you?" I asked him. "Yes, I'm looking for the chief of surgery Dr. Meredith Grey" he replied.

"Well, you've come to the right place," I say unlocking my office door and walking in, leaving the door open for him.

I walked over to my desk, took my coat off and hung it on the coat rack before placing my purse on the floor and sitting in my hair. "Have a seat" I say pointing to the chair in front of the desk.

He sat down in the hair. "I'm here to start my new job," he said smiling and looking into my eyes. "What do you do?" I asked. He looked a little offended that I didn't remember. "I'm a neurosurgeon, I'm an attending," he said while I looked through some files.

"Name?" I asked. "Derek shepherd you probably heard of me" he smirked. "Never heard of that name," I said making his smirk drop as I giggled from his reaction.

"Okay, here it is," I say when I find the right file. "That resident standing at the door," I say. "That's Dr. Bailey, she'll be showing you around the hospital. have a good day Dr. Shepherd," I say looking back at my files.

"Have a good day... Meredith" he says before standing up and walking to the door.

"You know it's not very polite to call your boss by their first name, right?" I say.

"I know," he says a bit flushed.

"Good" I smile. "...start showing it," I say as my face drops. He nods his head a bit and walks out of my office closing the door behind him.