71| Christmas pt 2

When they all arrived at the family house, Meredith took the girls out of the front of the van while Derek helped the boys out from the back of the van, Meredith got the girls and their diaper bag and brought them inside the house along with her bag. Derek picked each one of the boys up and helped them onto the ground among with their backpacks and helped them into the house as well.

Meredith set the girls carriers on the floor in the foyer as she took off her coat and hung it on the coat rack along with her scarf, she took off her boots so she as she was wearing socks, she picked up the twins and brought them into the living, took off their coats, mittens, hats and gently laid them onto the soft carpet. Derek helped the boys into the house as he took off their coats hung them up and took off their boots and set them by to front door.

The boys ran off to play in the living room "be careful, boys" Meredith said as the boys ran around.

"You guys made it!" Carolyn said as she walked into the room from the kitchen.

"Yea of course, why wouldn't we?" Derek smiled as he hugged his mother.

"Hi, dear" Carolyn smiled as she hugged Meredith.

"Hi" Meredith smiled as she hugged her back.

"Well don't you all look cute" Carolyn smiled as she saw all five of the kids dressed in red, making the girls smile.

"So when is the rest coming?" Derek asked as he walked to where they all were, wrapping his arm around Meredith's waist pulling her close.

"They should be here soon" Carolyn smiled as she continued to talk to the twins.

"is ruby coming?" Derek asked his mother.

"I believe so," Carolyn said as she picked up daphne.

Meredith's phone started to ring, she walked over the where her phone was and pulled it out of her purse, it was a call from the hospital, she answered it and Miranda Bailey was on the other side of the line.

"Dr.Bailey?" Meredith asked it to the phone

"Yes, we have two patients for you, their children, we need you to come in sooner than the end of you're maternity leave," Bailey said into the phone.

"For how long?" Meredith asked

"Maybe a few days, two weeks at the most" she replied

"Yea, I'll be there, when?" She said

"In a few days, I'll call you when," she said

"Okay, thank you, bye"

"Bye," she said and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Derek asked as she walked back into the living room and sat next to Derek.

"That was doctor bailey, she wants me to come in sooner than we thought," Meredith said as she set Sullivan who was pouting at her on her lap.

"You can't do that," Derek said shocked

"Why not?" She asked confused

"Because it's not the end of you're maternity leave," he said

"I know, der, but they need me, it will only be a few days, at the most two weeks, but I doubt it" she replied

"Did she say what for?" He asked

"Yes, two children" she replied as Sullivan laid his head on her shoulder.

"Can't she get someone else to do it?" He asked

"Well, I'm assuming if could she already would have" Meredith replied.

"Fine, but I don't want you gone for too long," he said leaning back into the couch.