2: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒙

Jungkook let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in.

Melodic laughter was heard and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Awee, is the alpha in love?" Jimin cooed. He knew that the lady that walked by was his Luna. No wonder Jeongguk's anger faded away all of a sudden.

"Shut up, Jimin" The said Alpha grumbled in response, his cheeks flushed.

"My apologies, Alpha" Jimin shuffled with his feet, eyes all round. But his grin soon came back as he leaned in "So, how are you gonna tell her?" He giggled.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. His Beta was acting like a highschool girl.

"For fuck's sake, Jimin" he sighed "I'm too tired for this"

Without a word, the men started walking down the street. The wind ruffled their hair and they walked as if they owned the place. Her scent still lingered in the air, making Jeongguk smile.

How would she react to all of this? Would she accept him? He didn't know. But the very thought of her with someone else made his blood boil and his eyes turned red.

He shook his head. He'll meet his Luna soon.

.

Soojin stepped inside her apartment, dropping her backpack and shoes, not caring wherever they landed.

She rubbed her eyes, walking towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. She stopped in her tracks, when she noticed someone standing in her kitchen.

"Seriously Taehyung?" She mumbled.

Taehyung turned around, mouth stuffed with whatever food was in the fridge. He flashed her a boxy grin, crumbs falling from his mouth.

He swallowed it in one go before he ran towards Soojin, hugging her.

"I missed you so much, Soojinie" he pouted.

"More like missed my fridge, but whatever" she smiled.

Taehyung made puppy eyes at her, and she couldn't help but coo at him.

"Fine, I missed you too" she smiled softly.

Taehyung laughed, engulfing her, once again, in his embrace.

"So, what brings you here?" Soojin poured herself a glass of water, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"I told you, I missed you. Do I have to have a reason to see my cousin?" He huffed, arms crossed.

"Not at all, just thought that you broke up with someone again" she sang, eyeing him.

"I-" he started " Fine! I broke up with Mina and I'm hurt and there's no one to comfort me!" He cried, throwing his hands in the air for emphasis.

"Oh god, you drama queen" she sighed, making her way over to him to caress his hair.

Taehyung stopped his little drama, and smiled. He really had the best cousin.

"You wanna watch a movie, bun?" He grinned.

"Like I have a choice" she rolled her eyes, walking towards the living room.

"Hey! That was mean" Taehyung huffed, running after her.

.

Moonlight descended in soft rays, illuminating the boy's doe eyes and his face; which seemed quite pale. The recent infringement between his pack and the Red Moon pack had caused a headache to form right in the middle of his temple. He would have to meet his Luna soon, he thought, brows creasing, adding to his pain.

He had no idea how long he had been sitting in his office. The leather chair had caused a terrible pain in his back from working for days, but he still loved it.

His gaze travelled across the sky, the stars covering every inch of the dark, magnificent veil.

A knock interrupted his pondering, making him sigh.

"Who is it?" His deep, velvety voice echoed in the room as he was met with silence.

The person behind the door cleared their throat, before speaking, "It's me, Alpha"

It was his Beta; the second in command.

"Yes, come in, Jimin" he replied.

Was he so lost in his thoughts that he was not able to recognise Jimin's scent? Jimin stepped in, bowing at his Alpha before revealing a rectangular object clad in silk.

"I have brought what you wished for, Alpha" he grasped the cloth from the edge, pulling it towards him and away from the object.

It was a wooden box, with details of statues, birds and ancient languages carved in with utmost care.

Jimin brought the box forward, presenting it to Jeongguk who grabbed it with firm hands. It was just the way he had last seen it. He nodded at his Beta, who left after bowing, closing the door behind him.

Jeongguk brought the box closer to his face, admiring it. He ran his fingers along the carvings, gasping at it's beauty.

He opened the lid with prudence, breath hitching upon seeing what rested inside.

_________________________________________
AN:

Hey everyone! Hope you had fun reading this chapter 💕

What do you think is inside the box??

What do you think about Taehyung?

Sorry for any errors 💓

Please comment and vote if you liked this ꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡