38: 𝑯𝒊𝒔

When Soojin opened her eyes, she could barely register anything let alone tell what time it was.

The pounding in her head made it so hard for her; if only she was stronger, she thought.

Jieun's unconscious form lay across from her, stirring every once in a while.

And she let her mind wander.

Would these confined walls hold her forever?

Would she never see the love of her life ever again?

Would she never get to look into his lovable eyes, and find her world there?

To touch him? Sense him?

Every bit of her being longed for him and god knows what she'd do if she ever saw him again.

She was falling.

Breaking.

And he was the only thing that kept her together, binding the fragile threads wrapped around her.

She could feel the threads loosening by the minute, and she didn't know if she could hold on any longer.

The door groaned, opening with a harsh blow to the wall, bits of it falling on the damp ground.

"Hello, Luna"

It took everything in her to not tackle that man to the ground and tear him apart.

He was dressed in a tux, hair slicked back except for a single strand tickling his eyebrow.

She growled silently, trying to contain her anger, eyes following his form as he strolled towards her.

He tutted, as if scolding her, and grinned right after, enjoying her rage.

"That's no way to greet your mate now, is it?" He cooed. The words held a warning tone to them, veiled under the sickly sweet layer of deceit.

"You're not my mate" She glowered.

Hoseok gave her an unimpressed look before laughing.

"I see" He smiled "Remember your old friend?" He playfully twirled a syringe between his finger, eyes twinkling with all that was vile.

Soojin gulped, before struggling to stand, failing miserably when pain shot up her form upon moving her limbs.

Hoseok neared her trembling self, cooing at her, twirling the syringe in his hand.

"Get the fuck away from me" She whispered, trying to form words.

Who knew what he'd do to her when she'd be unconscious? She could not let that happen.

"I'll have to tame you, Luna" He chuckled hoarsely "You're too wild for my liking"

Soojin snarled, wincing as she backed away from him, watching him approach with calculated steps.

Just when they were mere inches away, he threw the syringe away and it shattered to the ground, liquid spewing out.

Soojin gulped, drawing in a harsh breath when he got impossibly close.

"I don't want to hurt you, Luna. I'm afraid I'll break you" He whispered.

Soojin was unable to form words at that moment.

It was as if she was paralyzed, unable to move her fists that were clenched, drawing blood.

And then she knew; knew that the man she was up against was a far more powerful being than her fragile self.