Chapter 18 - Party

"Since you got back safe–" Tony started.

"Not to mention you almost killed us," Loki stated a-matter-of-factly.

"But I didn't and you were also commandeering a Hydra jet so, not my fault. Anyway, this calls for a celebration! Party tonight at the tower." Tony announced and everyone was dismissed.

I went straight to Nat who happened to be with Wanda.

"Hey, thanks for saving me back there," Wanda greeted and I said it was no biggie.

"Now that Wanda's here, three of us can now talk about girl stuff," Nat sang happily as she linked her arms with both of us and led us to her room.

"Sooo who'd like to start?" she playfully teased while bringing out vodka from her mini fridge.

"Nat, we're drinking at the party later." Wanda scolded.

"Nope, we're starting now." Nat winked and poured each of us a glass which we had no choice but to accept.

"So, I'll go first. Bruce and I are officially going out." she cheered and chugged another glass.

"Whoa, Nat, do you usually drink this hard?" I asked, surprised at her behavior.

"Nope. But I drink from time to time, can't survive being the only woman here when you're not half-drunk. But now that you're here and Wanda's back, the three of us can be half-drunk together!" she cheerfully declared.

"Okay," Wanda said before chugging down her drink, "Viz and I kinda hit it off on that recon mission."

"What?! Wanda, that's great! Though I didn't peg you for being into red guys." Nat teased and Wanda blushed.

"Okay, I guess I'm next. Loki and I hit it off, too. I mean technically he's not yet my boyfriend but we're more than just friends now." I confessed shyly which earned me teasing from Nat and Wanda saying "So you're into bad boys?"

"Okay, we've got a party situation tonight ladies. I happen to have tons of dresses I've never used because I'm always in that Black Widow suit so take your pick and let's get ready," Nat opened her closet to reveal tons of dazzling gowns.

Wanda and I went over all the gowns when a nude tube gown caught my eye. It was floor-length but had a thigh-high slit. Pretty sequins adorned it.

"Mind if I take this, Nat?" I asked.

"That would look great on you!" she exclaimed and I thanked her for the dress before going to my room to freshen up.

***

I looked at myself in the mirror, my hazel brown eyes emphasized by how I did my eye makeup. My hair was in a regal bun but I let a few curls hang by my face to give it some shape. The dress Nat gave me fit perfectly, it hugged me at just the right places.

After a sigh, I went out of my room towards the party. Nat had texted me that I was the only one who wasn't there yet.

The doors opened revealing a regal venue. There was a golden fountain in the middle of everything. The tables and chairs were neatly arranged. The food and drinks looked exquisite.

I scanned the room looking for a familiar face and my eyes landed on Loki.

He caught me staring and walked towards me with an amused smile.

"You look exquisite." he complimented.

"And you are one breath-taking view, darling," I replied, taking in his euphoric smell as he slid his hand on my waist pulling me closer.

Handsome couldn't even begin to describe half of Loki especially in his well-tailored all black suit. His features were literally that of a god– divine, but on one hand he held a certain amount of danger.

Loki had led me to the bar where he sat with me.

"I actually had drinks with Nat and Wanda earlier," I warned him.

"There's no such thing as too much to drink, you are Asgardian after all," he insisted.

I chuckled at him then I saw Thor seemingly searching for someone.

"Loki, what about Thor?"

"Should I be the one to tell my brother?" he offered. It was convenient but it felt awfully wrong to just pass my responsibility to him.

"I know I should be the one to break it to him but I'm not sure how he'll take it or even how to tell him."

"We'll get there. For now, all I need is a dance with the world's rarest gem." Loki offered his hand which I gladly took. The music had changed into a wonderful waltz and we glided down the dancefloor smoothly.

"I've waited a long time for this," Loki said, his face buried beside my neck. We were slow dancing now, his hands firmly on my waist and my arms around his neck.

He continued, "Thor always danced with you and kept you company whenever there was a ball on Asgard while I sat there... pretending to enjoy the other ladies' company when really my eyes had always been on you."