Chapter 39 - Felicia

Thor didn't say a word. He looked crestfallen which was expected because he had always thought he'd have the throne. But I know deep inside he also knows that Loki was just as deserving of it as he was.

Frigga and I shared a look, and after all this I know she would want to speak with the three of us.

"I accept the challenge. It would be an honor to fight someone as cunning and strong like my brother," Thor announced shocking everyone.

"Brother, you can't be serious?!" Loki protested.

"If you honor me as much as I honor you, you would agree to this, Loki," Thor said with a gentle smile. My heart melted seeing him that way. He wanted to uplift Loki because the room had swirled with whispers of Loki being an 'undeserving bastard son'. He also had that much faith in his brother.

Loki must have seen it, too, so he said "Very well, brother. It would be my honor to fight you for the throne." and then he walked out. I stayed because I knew he needed some time to think.

"Another announcement, ladies and gentlemen," Odin declared clearing his throat. "Lady Ella, is with child. This calls for a celebration."

Some cheered while the rest gossiped. Frigga gave me a reassuring look.

***

Odin had dismissed us, he retreated first but Frigga had rushed to me and Thor.

"I'm sorry, there was nothing I could do," she said to which I gratefully replied "You've done enough, Allmother."

She went to hug me and gently touched my belly, "I'm happy for you and Loki."

"I am, too." I replied.

"Mother, I am happy that we're all here together but there are things that we must discuss," Thor interjected.

"You're right. Thor, why don't you escort Lady Ella to her chambers and meet me in mine so we can talk about what just happened," Frigga said. Thor nodded and kissed her in the cheek before escorting me outside.

While walking, I told him "Thanks for doing what you did for Loki earlier."

"I meant what I said. Loki and I may not have had a good history together but I believe in my brother. He is a formidable opponent," he simply said.

"I'm rooting for the both of you."

I kissed Thor on the cheek before he left and was about to enter my room when a woman approached me.

"May I help you?" I asked as she looked me up and down.

"You're the one looking like you could use some help," she said and proceeded to say "I can't believe Thor and Loki fell for the likes of you."

"And who should they be falling for? The likes of you?" I raised an eyebrow and she scoffed.

"How did you manage to snag both princes? How many times did you have to bed them? Even went as far as getting yourself pregnant," her words triggered a type anger in me I didn't even know I was capable of.

"I will give you 3 seconds to leave," I gritted my teeth and my grip on the knob had tightened.

"You know when you were down on Midgard, Loki spent some time with me. Oh, I screamed his name good–" she didn't get to finish what she was saying because I had hit her with my wings and she came flying almost 3 meters away from me.

"Are you out of your mind?!" she yelled at me, horrified and still on the floor.

I walked to her and she scrambled to crawl away but I caught the hem of her dress with my shoe.

"Say that again to my face," I said, gripping her on the shoulder and forced her to face my way. Her back was now lying against the marble floor, prompted up only by her elbows.

"You're awfully quiet now. Cat got your tongue? And yes, you're right. I am out of my mind, that's why Loki's with me and not you. He doesn't care much for basic whores." I spat then I folded my wings and proceeded to enter my room.

I was closing the doors when someone had sneaked behind me, hugging me from the back.

"You make me proud, darling." he said, his voice husky and his tone mischievous.

"So you heard all that and decided to stay here?" I asked, facing him and placing my arms around his neck.

"Most parts, yes. But you were perfecly capable of defending yourself against Felicia–"

"So... that's her name... Felicia. Sounds too innocent for her," I interjected.

"Yes, that's  what she's called. And for the record, I did not sleep with her. She made a couple advances but I had turned all of it down." he explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"I simply wasn't interested. And besides, I was smitten by someone with wings who's out of her mind." he chuckled and kissed me.

God, I love this man.