Chapter 23 - New Threat

"Excuse me, who are you?" Tony asked the wizard.

"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange of the New York Sanctum," the wizard, or Dr. Strange, replied without taking his eyes off the alien.

"Enough! You will surrender to Thanos!" the ugly alien let out an inhumane screech and a tree came launching at us.

"Hey, you almost killed me!" we heard a familiar voice.

"It seems like Dr. Banner is here," Loki commented.

"Bruce, why were you hiding behind the car?" Tony wondered.

"I was scared, what if I go Hulk again."

"Uhmm now would be a good time to go Hulk again," Tony's sarcasm almost made me laugh but I was reminded of our situation when the ground shook and broke under us.

"Okay, Sarah, you and Banner are in charge of crowd control. Loki, me, and Dr. Wizard here will deal with Squidward," Tony instructed which I gladly followed.

I wanted a piece of the action but given my current predicament of being unable to fly, I'd only drag the team down.

"Somebody, help!" a woman screamed. I look to my right and a child seemed to have been stuck on the backseat, a giant boulder crushed the front half of the car.

Bruce and I ran over to the top of the car and pushed the boulder. I then ripped off the doors and carefully carried the child to her mother.

"Thank you!" she cried and hugged her kid before running towards safety.

We ushered more civilians far from the raging battle. When the coast was clear, I ran toward Tony and the others. Bruce tailed behind me, attempting to unleash the hulk but failing miserably.

Loki was tossing daggers marvelously, teleporting as fast as he could so the enemy could not anticipate where he'd strike next. The doctor/wizard worked on preventing further damage to the city. Catching falling debris using his handy portals and transporting them to who-knows-where.

"You have been warned, Thanos has offered mercy yet you refuse. He will come for you." the alien said in utter defeat and used his remaining energy to transport himself to his ship.

Once there, the ship trembled before vanishing into thin air.

"Are you hurt?" I worried as I inspected Loki's body for signs of injury.

"I do appreciate your hands all over me, darling, but it takes more than that creature to injure a god," he smirked at me and I sighed in relief. If he could be this sarcastic, that meant he was fine.

"We need to regroup. Doctor, you're coming with us."

Tony flew first, heading to the tower.

"Loki, we meet again," Doctor Strange greeted him.

"You've met?" I asked and Loki simply said it was a long story.

"Let's just say we're not overly fond of each other," he added.

Doctor Strange moved his hand in circular motions and sparks appeared from thin air. It extended and formed a circle that showed us the tower.

"Ladies first," Strange said and I came inside the portal first. It conveniently led me to the conference room in front of everyone. Loki and Strange followed suit.

"That was amazing!" a kid exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm Peter Parker." he introduced himself before we could ask.

"Doctor Strange."

"Oh, we're using made up names! My bad. I'm Spiderman." he reintroduced himself. This kid's hilarious.

"I'm Ella. This is Loki. We're Asgardians." I briefly said.

"I've seen you in action, ma'am. You're awesome and very attractive. Not that I would- I mean it's just..."

Tony dragged him off the room and I heard Loki say "Careful, kid." under his breath.

"Jealous?" I teased. He huffed indignantly.

"Okay, here's what I got from space monkey. Some guy named Thanos wants to wipe out half the universe using the infinity stones." Tony started.

Tony talked about strategy. I pulled Loki and Thor outside for a bit.

"Sarah, what need do you have of me? I do not want a threesome with you and my brother." Thor said.

"What? Ew! No! Do you even know what threesome means?" I groaned in disgust.

"Clint said that's what you call three people in one relationship."

"No, Thor! Threesome is when three people have sex!" I exclaimed.

"Together? At the same time?" Loki curiously chimed in.

"Yes! Together, at the same time! And no, Thor, we're not inviting you into a threesome! I want to get my flight back. That way, I can help the team better." I explained to them. They understood what I meant.

"You want me to take you and Loki to Asgard?" Thor caught on and I nodded. He seemed to be thinking it through.

"When do we leave?" he asked.

"Tonight, preferably," I suggested.

"We're counting on you, brother." Loki said which surprised both me and Thor.

"Don't stare at me, you're only hearing that from me once." Loki said indignantly, even blushing a little bit.

"Since my brother has kindly asked for assistance, I shall provide," Thor smiled smugly and I was glad that they were back to being the merry duo that they used to be.