Chapter 42 - Rescue

She was coming in closer, my hands were hopelessly tied behind me and my feet were also tied to the chair. The two men were holding my wings back.

"Who's gonna save you now?" she asked slyly.

I looked behind her and the window was just a little bit open. There was a glimpse of the stables outside. I knew where we were, Thor, Loki and I used to sneak here whenever we got tired of training. I remembered going here with Loki and him saying that if I ever find myself in trouble, I could just hide here and touch my hands or anything to the hieroglyph he etched onto the wall and he'd teleport to where I was, exactly.

Felicia aimed for another strike. I gathered all my strength to my wings and flapped them as strong as I could. The two men were knocked unconcious.

The force propelled me next to the wall and I crashed, the chair broke and I used my wings to cushion my fall but the hieroglyph wasn't at arms reach so I quickly crawled towards it.

"Motherfucker!" I yelled as I felt metal collide with the back of my knee. Felicia had gotten up and struck me there so it was definitely broken by now.

I grabbed her ankles and pulled as hard as I could. She fell to the ground and while she was down, I crawled towards the hieroglyph and reached for it. I hope this still works.

A few seconds, nothing happened. Felicia was already on her feet and was aiming at my head this time. The metal pipe was about to land and I crossed my arms over my head to prevent any damage.

Suddenly, the hieroglyph lit up and a flash of green appeared behind her. Just when the metal pipe was nearing me, it stopped. Or rather, someone had stopped it. I hear it clash against something metalic and I looked to see Loki curled beside me, his hand above my head. His wristplate was the one that took the hit.

"Loki, my prince, I..." she stuttered as she let go of the pipe. Her hand was clearly trembling and tears started pouring from her eyes.

Loki helped me up, his eyes turned to her with a bloodlust unlike any I've seen before. "How dare you lay your filthy hands on her?!" he growled, his voice echoing through the room.

"I-I didn't mean to. She attacked me first earlier!" Felicia got to her feet and was now slowly backing up as Loki approached her with a murderous glare.

When Felicia's back hit the wall, she looked frantic. Loki stopped in front of her and grabbed her by the neck. Her feet was now dangling above ground and she struggled to breakfree from Loki's chokehold.

"What if I kill you now and say I didn't mean to? Well, you attacked her first so that gives me the right to break your neck, don't you think?" Loki's mind was clearly in a haze of rage right now so I ran to him and hugged him from the back.

"Loki, you need to stop," I said. A few seconds after, he let go of Felicia who was barely breathing by now and she fell to the floor like a fish gasping for air.

Moments later, Thor arrived along with some guards.

"Sarah, what happened?" he asked, standing beside me as Loki hugged me tight.

"She kidnapped me and brought me here because she wanted to kill my daughter," I explained, still shaking from my own rage. Loki and I kept holding onto each other to calm ourselves down, otherwise I, myself, could have strangled Felicia then and there.

"Guards, take her!" Thor commanded. The guards took Felicia and the two men with her.

"I'm glad Loki got to you in time, did anything happen to my niece?" Thor asked, concerned.

"No, I'd never let anything happen to her." I said. It was then that I felt the fatigue and the pain.

My broken bones hurt like a bitch and much later, the room started spinning around me. My vision blurred and the next thing I knew, I had fainted into Loki's arms.

***

I woke up to the smell of herbs and the chatter of maids. When I openes my eyes, I noticed I was in the infirmary. Frigga sat beside me reading.

"Are you feeling better now, dear?" she asked, settling the book beside her.

"Much better. Is my baby...?" I asked, fear coursing through my veins. What if something had happened to her?

"Relax, child. The princess is doing good, she's still there. She's quite the fighter and so are you. You did a great job protecting her." Frigga reassured me and held my hand gently.

Loki came rushing in, "Is she alright?" he asked in a panic, striding quickly towards us.

Frigga told her that the baby and I were fine and he hugged me.

"I thought I'd lose you." he said, kissing my forehead.