Epilogue

Aveena had fallen asleep. I placed her on the crib and the servant came in, Frigga had sent her to watch after our baby while Loki and I attended the coronation.

"Are you sure she'll be okay?" I worried while Loki sat at the edge of the jacuzzi, helping me bathe.

"She'll be fine, darling. Plus, I know Nana, she was also the one who took care of me a lot growing up." Loki reassured.

His words calmed me down. I finished bathing and started changing into a golden gown with emerald sequins. Loki helped me with the crisscross at the back.

"You look stunning, as always," he said, kissing my forehead.

I kissed his cheek and proceeded to tie my hair up and wore my tiara. I picked up the box I had hidden underneath the bed, it was my gift to Loki.

Inside the box was a golden crown with emerald horns. I had it personally made from the craftsmen. Loki had to have his own crown.

"I love it," he said, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"This is it, Loki. This is your moment." I declared proudly.

"What if I fail?" he asked, barely a whisper.

"You won't," I reassured.

A knock was heard followed by Thor who came in with his usual face-splitting grin.

"Look at this." he said showing me a video of the Avengers saying congratulations. It was followed by individual reaction videos of everyone when Thor showed them a video of my labor I didn't know he had.

"When did you have the time to record my labor?" I asked, hands on my waist.

"Couldn't help it, it was too joyous not to be put on camera," he justified.

"I want a copy of it," I said which he said was no problem.

"So you do admit it now, she's an Avengers baby." Cap said holding the camera. Nat snatched it and pointed it at her face saying, "I love the name Aveena." followed by Wanda who said, "I hope you'd come visit us from time-to-time!"

Bruce and Tony turned pale at the sight of my labor video and decided to just skip it. They looked at the camera and Tony said "That video just made me think twice about having kids," then Bruce seconded saying, "I'm glad no woman has to go through that with me."

"Okay here's to Loki, don't starve your wife. Hungry wives, especially moms, are frightening. You do not want that," Clint said, clearly speaking from experience.

"Hey, bestie. Congratulations on your daughter. I hope you remember making me her godfather." Bucky said which made me laugh. I do remember.

"Oh and by the way," Thor spoke, "Loki is going to be king of Asgard."

Everyone cheered, they said congratulations to the camera simultaneously I almost couldn't understand anything.

Loki was smiling brightly. He turned to Thor and said, "Be sure to record my coronation later in this... device," he instructed.

"Will do, your royal highness," he said, flipped the camera close and proceeded to escort me to the throneroom while Loki had already teleported ahead upon Odin's request.

"Are you alright?" I asked Thor as we walked.

"Never better, Loki will make a fine king," he cheerfully stated.

"And what will you be doing now?"

"I'm an avenger so... there's that. I'll also drop by every now and then," he said, opening the double doors for me.

I entered the throneroom to find Loki waiting for me by the door.

"Approach, son," Odin said. It was a cue that the ceremony was starting. Everybody was quiet as Loki and I walked dow the aisle and knelt in front of Odin.

"You may stand," Odin commanded.

Odin extended his hand holding Loki's scepter. "I pass on to you this scepter as a symbol of me granting you the responsibility to protect Asgard. Do you accept?"

"I do, Allfather," Loki said proudly.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you King of Asgard," Odin declared.

Loki took the scepter and stood beside Odin who looked at him proudly. I also moved to stand beside Loki, him immediately snaking his arm on my waist while the other held up his scepter in the air, him saying "Long live Asgard!"

The people repeated, "Long live Asgard!" and they kneeled to their new king.

***

The banquet afterwards was a different kind of tiring. I excused myself every now and then to check up on Aveena. When I got back, I would be swarmed by many nobles.

Loki pulled me away for a bit. He led me to a balcony and there he kissed me passionately. When he pulled away, he produced what seemed to be a journal.

"This is my journal from when I was younger, up to today. I want you to have it," he said. I smiled and thanked him, glad that I could read it later.

"I love you, Loki," I said.

He replied with, "I love you, my queen. With every fiber of my being."

THE END