CHAPTER 1 ― Get Well Soon, Meera

Sofia, Bulgaria

"In big big countries, such small things...keep happening, Señorita," said Kaali while he kept getting closer to Meera. They knitted their foreheads to each other and giggled.

Knock knock!

"Someone is here. Let me open the door," Kaali left Meera on her bed.

"Oh, doctor, please come," Kaali returned with the doctor.

"How are you, Miss? Does the wound still bring you to the pain?" asked the doctor and took time to check on Meera.

"I feel much better, doctor, and it doesn't hurt me a lot like before," Meera smiled.

"Okay, everything is fine. So, you can go home tomorrow," said the doctor.

"Thank you, doctor."

When the doctor was going to leave the room, Kaali held her on and make sure if Meera would be okay and recover very soon.

The doctor said, "She will. Let her rest for 3 days at home, don't ever let her do some heavy things. Don't worry too much."

Kaali smiled and nodded, "Thank you, doctor." The doctor left.

"Kaali, I'm a strong woman, so I'll be fine," Meera teased him as she just heard what Kaali and the doctor were talking about.

"I know, Señorita, I know. I just-," he came back to Meera and stopped his words because Meera teased him more and more with her unbelieve expression.

"Stop it, Meera." They chuckled.

"Bhaiyya, I saw the doctor just left here. What happened?" Suddenly Veer and Ishita came back with two paper bags on each person.

"Ya, didi, are you okay?" Ishita put the bags on the table and came closer to her sister.

"I'm okay, Ishu," Meera convinced.

"O-hooo, Pogo ji, you also use Ishu for Ishita! Look, Ishita, Ishu is more cuteee," Veer was joking and pinched Ishita's cheeks.

"Veer~," Ishita was blushed.

"Then, should I call you, Pogo?" Kaali teased Meera back.

"Shut up." They ended up by laughing together and eating the food that Veer and Ishita bought.

"Veer, please drop Ishita home. I will be here with Meera," Kaali instructed his brother.

"Bhaiyya,-" Ishita tried to talk and asked for an excuse for her to take care of her sister.

"No, Ishu, please, trust me. I'll take care of your sister, very very well," Kaali smiled.

"Okay. Didi, I'll go home, you please take care and recover soon," Ishita stroked Meera's shoulder softly.

They all smiled, Ishita and Veer left the room.

Kaali looked at Meera intensely.

"Now, what?" she asked.

"Nothing. You have to sleep now, rest well. Tell me if you need something," Kaali kissed her forehead and sat on the chair beside her bed. He stroked Meera's hand with love.

Meera smiled. "Kaali..."

"Hmm?"

"I'll sleep now."

"Who told you to sleep later?"

They both laughed. Meera closed her eyes and Kaali rested his head on the side ofthe bed, his hand was still on hers.