CHAPTER 31 ― Beach Date

Day by day, they were going through the days as usual, working, in several times they met up with besties and talking about their lives. Behind all the things that happens in their lives, no one knows they missed each other. Yes, they kept on the chat, sending voice notes, Kajol was even being more open to Shahrukh and sending him some voice notes too. But, only the meeting can wash away the longing, right?

"Let's meet on this Saturday night?" Shahrukh sent a message to Kajol.

"All of sudden? Is everything okay?" Kajol replied like she was joking, but she didn't.

"Actually, it's not. That's why we have to meet."

Seeing his reply, Kajol made haste to call him. He giggled when he sees her name appears as an incoming call.

"Hello, Shah. What happened?"

Shahrukh didn't answer at the first time.

"Shah? Are you there? Tell me what happened? Is everything okay?"

He still didn't say any words, just giggling around whilst walking to his bedroom and laid down on the bed.

"Okay, I'll call Preity to check on you because I can't leave my house right now."

Today's work really made her exhausted, so she couldn't go out in this state. Meanwhile Shahrukh kept giggling and thinking, "Why is she so serious?"

"Hahaha, Kajol, you don't need to call Preity. Everything is fine, you seemed joking to me, so why didn't I do the same?"

"Ch, I didn't joke, really. I don't like jokes and I don't like you for making stupid jokes," she became a bit upset. After that night, she really cares about him. She didn't want anything bad come to him. She might have nothing to do, but she could be there for him.

"Hahaha, I'm sorry, Kajol. I miss you," his voice became soft to be heard by Kajol's ear. It melted her. A smile was showen on her beautiful face. She felt the same, but instead of saying it, she changes the topic. She was not ready yet to talk about it, about her feelings towards him, even though he kept showing his affection towards her by his words.

"Don't do it again."

"I promise. So, tell me, how's your day?"

"It was tiring, that's all. I'm so exhausted. How about yours?"

"Oh sorry, it must be your relax time. Mine was hmm, like usual and nothing special, but you. Your call made mine better."

They both smiled.

"Shah, sorry for being rude."

"No no, I'm sorry for throwing a joke like that, I didn't know you are so tired."

"Hmm, yaa."

"Okay, you have to rest now, thanks for calling me for literally nothing. I apologize once again."

"Wait. You asked me to meet tomorrow. Tell me about the plan," she asked before one of them ends the call.

"Oh. Just prepare yourself, I will pick you up tomorrow at 7 pm. Good night!"

"Okay, good night."

The call was ended by Kajol's soft voice.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Saturday, 6.45 pm

Kajol was looking so pretty with her semi-coat-dress with a large folded collar, exposing the top of her chest. She folded her sleeve up to her elbow. She tied up the ribbon on the left waist as the ornament of her outfit. She put her watch and a pair of yellow earrings, meanwhile she rolled her hair on the back of her head. She put some make-up-not so natural, yet not too bold―on her face with red lip color. She sat on the couch in her living room whilst waiting for Shahrukh. Sometimes, she seemed looking at her phone and typing. In a few minutes, she put a pair of wedges with matching color, then she left her flat.

Shahrukh was looked in his white shirt covered by a semiformal suit, and jeans. A pair or sneakers completing his look. He waited for Kajol to come whilst drowning into his mind wherever it brought him to. He didn't even know that Kajol was already there, knocking the door. When he realized it, he seemed a quite nervous, but he could handle it well. He gave her a sign to go inside the car, it's not locked.

"Hi! How are you?" Kajol greeted him with her smile when she just took her seat.

"Hi, I feel so amazing today because I finally see you here," Shahrukh responded whilst giggling.

"God... I missed that smile and his cute dimples too," she thought.

"Well, glad to hear that. I'm also fine today. I told you, so you don't need to ask me, thanks to me later," she followed him giggling.

She turned to see outside the car, closed her eyes for a moment, and whispered, "I missed you."

Unfortunately, he could hear it. "Did you just say something?"

She was shocked, "I hope he didn't hear that."

"No! I think we must make haste," she changed the topic.

"Ahhh, alright, Miss!"

"You didn't say it last night, Kajol," he thought and made another small smile on his face whilst driving to their destination.

They went to the restaurant. They enjoyed the dinner whilst sharing their thoughts about anything; their days, their opinions, their plans, their jokes. It's the way they use naturally to get to know to each other. Once they finished their dinner, they left the restaurant.

"Where are we going now?" Kajol asked curiously.

"A place we could probably rest and find peace," Shahrukh responded with his smile.

"Hmm, really..."

In a half hour, Shahrukh parked his car on the beach, near the highway.

"Beach?" Kajol looked so excited, her eyes showed its sparkles.

"Come," Shahrukh chuckled and left his seat. So did Kajol. They started to stepping on the golden-brown soft sand.

"You must tell me in advance," Kajol complained whilst taking down her wedges of her feet.

"What?" Shahrukh turned to her and saw what she does.

"Oh, sorry, let me help you," he came closer to help her.

She held his arms, "Okay, it's fine."

"Wait," Shahrukh did the same thing. "Thanks for the idea to having barefoot while walking on the sand." They smiled and continue to walked along the beach.

There were few people on the beach, not too crowded, but not too quiet as well. The sound of the waves was being a lovely melody to be heard, meanwhile the cold sea-breeze felt too soft when it stroked their skin.

"Huh~" Kajol sighed when she put down herself on the sand. Her eyes kept looking at the moon and stars in the dark sky. It was a crescent shone brightly. "So beautiful," she thoughts.

Shahrukh joined and took the spot beside her. He stared at her and followed her eyes to see the same things for a few seconds before he turned back to her. "Sorry, crescent, I have someone who is more beautiful than you."

"It's so beautiful, right?" he started the conversation to break the silence between them.

"Yaaa." Then, Kajol took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Feel so tired?" Shahrukh askee her when he saw her drowning where-so-ever her mind brought her to.

"Hmm." Hearing her soft humming, he pulled her head closer to lean on his shoulder. She realized it, but she felt more comfortable with him now, so she let it. By listening to the sound of the waves and the sea-breeze, plus being with him, was enough to make her feel much better after going through the hectic days. He felt the same. "Shahrukh was right, we found peace here..."

Shahrukh felt Kajol's hand was cold when he stroked it gently, "Are you cold?"

Kajol stayed still on her position, "No, it's fine." Shahrukh held her hand and they were back into the silence, swept away with their thoughts in the middle of nowhere.

10 minutes later,

"Kajol?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I say something?"