CHAPTER 30 ― Questioning

"I know what you feel. No wonder you drunk that much last night," Kajol showed affection by stroking his hand.

Shahrukh saw her hand on his. He turned, looked at her, "You know what I feel?"

Kajol pulled her hand back and nodded, "My parents had separated too."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know and I didn't mean to—"

Before Shahrukh finished his words, Kajol touched his cheeks, "Shhh. It's okay. Promise me, it was the last time you drunk. If you can't tell Preity or Hrithik, you have me. Tell me everything you want to tell. Ya?"

Shahrukh stared at her eyes, smiled, and he nodded.

Kajol pulled her hand down, "Sometimes, life can be this rude. But, it must goes on, right?" They both chuckled.

"Kajol..."

"Hmm?"

They stared straight into each other's eyes. At the same time, they lost there, but they feel like they found their soul. Something that maybe it's what they have been looking for. Shahrukh stroked Kajol's cheek and pulled her head closer. He kissed her right cheek briefly.

"Thank you," he smiled and showed his cute dimple.

Kajol's cheeks turned soft pink. "No one could ever do this to me," she thought.

She just smiled shyly. And the atmosphere became a bit awkward.

She started the conversation again, "Hmm, I will go home after lunch."

Shahrukh showed a bit upset. He gave her a little pout, "Honestly, I want you to spend the weekend here."

"Hahah, we can do it, but not here, I guess."

"Why? Okay, but please stay till night. I will drop you home."

"Thanks, but I came here by my car, so I'll drive myself home."

"Oh, okay. So, would you like to watch movies?"

"I think it's great!"

They spent their time by watching some movies and eating the snacks. Sometimes, they threw jokes or teased each other. They really enjoyed their togetherness.

"Shah, are you sure, that Preity or Hrithik doesn't need to know this?" Kajol turned and asked.

Shahrukh nodded, "Yeah, you are enough."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Kajol prepared their dinner when Shahrukh met her in the dining table.

"Wow, Kajol! Do you need help?"

"No, thanks. It's done. Please take your seat."

Shahrukh sat on his chair and Kajol came back in a minute.

Shahrukh's belly was sounded growling. They both giggled.

Kajol grabbed his plate and filled it with the dishes she made.

"I made chicken curry, but I didn't make any juice, because I think it's better to drink water now."

She gave the plate back to the owner, and she served herself.

Shahrukh smiled, and told her a compliment, "It smells soooo good!"

Kajol chuckled, "Don't say anything before you taste it, hahah."

They started to eat. Again and again, Shahrukh kept throwing her the compliments. It made Kajol was just giggling shyly.

"Okay, it's done! Let me clean up all of this. It's okay. You can prepare yourself to go," Shahrukh stood up and collected the cutlery into one heap.

"Did you just kick me out?" she seemed a bit upset.

"Ah.... No, I'm sorry. I mean you must tired for doing almost everything for me and you should drive tonight, so..." a little panic showed up on his face.

Kajol laughed, "Ch. Shah, I was just joking." She hit Shahrukh's arm softly.

"Damn," he shook his head and left her.

"It was cute. But, I didn't want to upset her," he thought.

Kajol packed up her things and ready to go back to her flat. Honestly, she was kinda sad to go back, but it would be nonsense if she stays with a guy who's just a friend.

In a few minutes, Shahrukh came to Kajol.

"Ready?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Let me accompany you to your car," he offered.

"As you wish," she smiled as she knew they would have a few time before saying goodbye.

They left Shahrukh's flat and go to the parking lot.

"So, you have to go..." he said whilst hugging her tightly.

She hugged him back. They stayed in their hug for a minute. No wonder, it became a comfort place for them, after knowing each other and spent time together.

Then, she broke the hug with her sweet voice and smile, "We will meet again, Shah. Please take care of yourself. You can call me if you need something."

He put his hands in his pocket and nodded, "Thanks, Kajol. Sorry, I can't drop you home."

"If you drop me home, how about my car?"

"Let it stays here. You should come tomorrow to meet me, I mean to pick it up."

They both giggled.

"Okay, sorry, Kajol. Tell me if you arrive safely."

"I will. Okay, see you!"

"See you."

Kajol got inside her car and started to drive carefully. Shahrukh watched her go, then he was back to his flat after Kajol's car was disappeared from his sight.

Shahrukh's POV

I knew she would come. I even heard her voice that she hurted by seeing me in that state. "I'm so sorry, Kajol. But now, you know the reason." I don't understand. Why did I keep tease her? Like... no, honestly, I loved it, I loved her reaction, her pinked-cheeks, the sparkle in her eyes too. I loved to spend my time with her. I was lost in her eyes, yet I felt that I'm safe. Her soul comforts me by her stare. I...don't want to lose her. Am I in love?

Kajol's POV

It was a coldest-grey night and a warmest-golden day that I've ever felt. I was worried, but on the next day, I was happy. It was my pleasure for taking care of him, for being there for him, for spending time with him, and... I felt something different when he kissed me on my cheek. It's quite hard to leave him in this state. He is lonely. Will he be fine? Is this a good decision to go home? "Okay, Kajol, you are driving so please just focus. You can meet him again tomorrow or whenever you want." Wait... What about ...? Is it...?

Once Kajol reached her flat, she freshen up and laid down on her bad. She sent some text to Shahrukh. One of them was written that she arrived home safely. Other ones reminded him to have enough time to rest and taking of himself well. She'd never forget to tell him that she's always be there.