CHAPTER 9 ― What Happened?

On the night drive...

Meera's POV

I pay attention to my hand especially my ring finger which has a beautiful ring to encircle it. A simple silver ring designed with a little love blue diamond and an infinity symbol. How beautiful it is! I still can't believe it. I didn't expect he would do this to me. What should I say to him? His voice suddenly breaks my thoughts.

"It means the love between us is pure and precious," he told me the philosophy of the ring whilst focusing his eyes on the road.

I smile and nod, "Hmm, I get it." He turns to face me for a second and smiles, then he is back to focus on driving.

"No one understands our love," he said whilst holding my hand and kisses it. His eyes is still focus on the road.

"Thank you so much,"

"Are you happy?" he asked me. I can see his smile.

"I'm absolutely happy! And I'm totally grateful to have you in my life," I try to say my feelings, but I don't know if it sounds cheesy.

Kaali's POV

I'm pleased to see her overjoyed like this. She might not that perfect, so do I. But, we complete each other. She is my beautiful angel who won my heart since the first time we met. She was mine. We had been separated because of the misunderstood. Now, she is mine, and will always be mine. I will make her happy all the time. I will take care of her, protect her at all costs. She is being so quiet, so I try to break the silence between us.

"Meera, why don't you talk? I mean, you are being so quiet, why? I feel lonely because I don't hear your voice hahaha,"

She turns to face me, "Really? Hehe, actually, I'm thinking about something..."

"What is it? Tell me."

"Kaali, how did you do all the things today? Like...hey I didn't expect it at all. How could an ex-gangster be this hmm...romantic?" she asked me and quietly teasing by raises her eyebrows. I can see her beautiful smile and her cute expression.

"Hahaha, gangster is in our past, Meera. However, I'm still an ordinary man, you know," she listens to me without take her eyes off of me.

I continue, "And about all of these things... hmm, actually I don't know hahahaha. I was just thinking about I asked you for the date for nothing―hmm," I make a little pout, then smile.

I see her giggle, and we both laugh together.

"I thought you would bring me to have the stupid 5 minutes date for the second time," she hits my arm softly and still with her cute giggles.

"What? Stupid 5 minutes date? So you didn't like it?" I'm joking.

"No, I just thought like that because you asked for my 5 minutes on Sidhu's wedding," she laughs. Oh, she remembers that little conversation hahaha.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Ishita's POV

I'm alone at home because didi went out. I usually enjoy my things all alone. After do the work in the day, me and didi went back home and she prepared for the date. She looked gorgeous as always hehehe. Then, I just stay at home, doing my things, reading books, having solo dinner, and watch a movie. It's about 10 pm and didi hasn't reach home yet. I try to call her, but it's not answered. Okay, maybe she's busy with hers. Until 11 pm, 00 am, she hasn't come back yet. She doesn't even call me back. My mind starts to have its negative thoughts. I'm worried. I call Veer.

"Hmm, Ishu?" he picked up the phone, but it seems like I disturb his sleeping time.

"Veer. Has Raj bhai back to home?" I asked him, worried.

"I don't think so, Ishu. Why? Your voice sounds worried,"

"Didi hasn't come home yet. Veer, I'm scared there is something happened to them,"

"No way. Ishu, don't worry. I come to your home, okay? Don't worry," he tried to calm me and we end the call.

10 minutes later, Veer arrived in Ishita's home. He founds Ishita sat on the chair in the garden. He came closer and grabbed her shoulders.

"Ishu?"

"Veer! Glad you are here," she stood up and hugged Veer.

He hugged her back, "What are you doing here? Why don't you wait inside?"

"I'm so worried, Veer," she broke the hug and added, "Have you try to call your brother?"

"Hmm, not yet, but let's go, we will wait them inside. It's cold, Ishu," he embraced her shoulders and guided her inside the home. They sat and tried to be calm in the living room. Veer tried to call Kaali, but it's also not answered. They both start more worried. It was 1 am and still there was no sign they are back or call them back. They both were praying, hope there is not something bad happened to the couple. At the same time, they were wondering. What happened to Meera and Kaali? They were waiting till they both overslept.

Veer's phone was ringing. He woke up and saw the unknown number appeared. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'm his brother. Why?"

"WHAT?!" he was shocked and his voice made Ishita wake up too.

"Okay, I'll be there," he ended the phone.

"Veer, didi and bhaiyya?"

"They haven't come here. They are in the hospital now. Ishu, let's prepare, we have to go now." They both were panicked and prepared as fast as they could and reach the hospital as soon as possible.