CHAPTER 12 ― It's Not The Ending

"Veer, take Ishita back home. You have to rest as well. Sidhu and Jenny will go with you. Let me and Anwar stay at the hospital," Shakti said to Veer and stroked his shoulder. He nodded.

"Veer, can I come with you? Ishita is just like my own sister, and Meera... I promised Malik Sir to protect all of his family. Now, I lost Meera and my sister remain is only Ishita," Raghav offered himself to go with Veer.

"Of course," Veer agreed.

They left the cemetery as they agreed. They rested in Ishita's home. In the evening, Sidhu, Jenny, and Veer asked for go home to clean up themselves and come back when they finish. Ishita asked permission to Raghav to go to her room. Raghav nodded and reminded her to call him if she needs something. Ishita smiled and went to her room.

Ishita's POV

I see my picture and didi in frame on the table. I take it and look it deeply. "I still can't believe this, didi. You left me too soon. Now, I have no one. I'm all alone here. What should I do? How will my life going after this? Without your voice, without your smile, without your existence, without...you. Who will hug me whenever I need it? Who will listen to my silly stories? We completed each other without our mom and dad, but now I'm uncompleted again."

I keep staring at the picture and suddenly I remember the ring that the doctor gave me in the hospital. I take my bag and search for the ring. I take it out of my bag then I remember what Veer said. "This ring... Raj bhai gave you this ring. He finally proposed you and you said yes! I can't imagine how happy you were, didi. But, you are gone too soon after the happiness. I'm sorry, di. I'm sorry and thank you for everything. If my tears make you sad there, I'll try to not let them flow. But still, didi, it's hard for me. So, I'm sorry for being sad for your death. Rest in peace, didi. All my love is for you and you'll be missed."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The few next day...

Raj was still in coma. Veer kept communicate with the doctor, but the doctor said that there is no good signs, even his heart rate continued to drop. All they can do now is pray for the best. Veer felt so sad after hearing the information. Shakti felt the same. Veer was about to cry, but Shakti tried to calm him. They kept praying for Raj.

Few hours later...

The doctor and two nurses looked panicked. "Hurry up!" they shouted in the room. Veer looked at them and confused. Full of worries, he was questioning, "What happens?" Actually, the medical personnel who were inside the room, were trying their best to save Raj because he was going into cardiac arrest. They even used the automated external defibrillator to bring back the rhythm of Raj's heart. But, the monitor still showed the straight line. Few minutes later, the doctor came out to tell them about this.

"Doctor, what happened?" Veer asked him, worried.

"I'm sorry, we have tried our best, but we lost him," the doctor explained and felt so sorry for them.

Veer and Shakti bhai were shocked.

"No way..." Veer was so down. Shakti as well, but he kept trying to be strong, for Veer.

It was hard, but slowly, they could accept the truth. They thought that this might be the best for Raj. He didn't feel the pain anymore. And the most important, he probably reunited with Meera. They prepared everything for Raj's funeral. It placed quite far from Meera's. Once they finish the funeral, they left the cemetery and went back to their homes.

Veer's POV

"I feel what Ishita felt these days. I feel empty now. I have no one. My best person gone too soon. But, I have try to be strong even though it still hurts me." I go inside bhaiyya's room and looking around till I see his picture in his room. I come closer to it. "What a cute dimple, bhai! Hehehe. Are you okay there? I hope you are fine and don't feel the pain anymore, right? Since we lost our parents, you took care of me so well. You loved me unconditionally, even though we are not full brothers, but you had tried your best for me. Thank you for everything. Oh, how is Pogo ji? You finally proposed her. I hope you meet her there and live happily as you both deserve. Rest in Peace, bhaiyya. I'll miss you."