CHAPTER 22 ― Kajol and Arjun (1)

-o-

~Flashback~

Kajol, Kareena, Saif, and Arjun were college mates. They were in different major, except Saif and Arjun. But the guys were not that close, because Arjun had his own circle, Saif as well. He and his two girl friends have been friends since the first day in the college. One day, there was a college festival. The trio, Kajol, Kareena, Saif, came together to the venue. They met Arjun on the ticket section. It was the first met of Kajol and Arjun. Since then, Arjun felt attracted to Kajol because she looked so different with the other girls. He asked few questions to Saif about his best friend. Saif told him anything he wanted to know about Kajol, except her number and her address because it's her privacy.

One day, Arjun waited for Kajol in front of her faculty building. Kajol's classes were finally over. She walked out of the classroom. When she went out of the building, she saw Arjun. In fact, Arjun asked her for a date, but she refused because there were so many asignments which needed to be done. He offered another day. She accepted and gave him her number to talk about it.

On Saturday night, they had a date. Not a luxury one because they were still a college students. They had ice cream date, movie date, and more other simple dates. They had fun together. The date repeated for one year, of course at the time that they agreed, because college students also had the schedule that should be followed and many things to do. It could still cause the love between them grew up.

Arjun thought that Kajol is a soft kind hearted girl. She is polite, nice, discipline. She can manage everything. She has good character, moral values, she holds it strongly. She is quiet in the beginning, but she can be loud if she feels comfortable with someone. What a different personality among the other girls. On the other hand, Kajol thought that Arjun is so friendly. He respects her choice. He can comfort her when she is not in the good mood. He treats her well as a girl. And the most important things, he is not a possessive one. She trusted him a lot. They even lived together in a flat after they graduated and got the job.

They were in relationship for about 7 years. In the latest 2 years, everything started to change. Few times, Arjun asked her to have sex with him. She definitely kept refusing, because they were not married yet. It's one of her life values. At first, Arjun could accept it. Day by day, month by month, he couldn't hold his lust. But, he knew he couldn't do that with Kajol.

6 months before their 7th years anniversary, Arjun had another girlfriend, but he was still in good terms with Kajol because he acted like usual in front of her, so she wouldn't suspicious for what happened between them. He loved both of his girlfriends. But, the latest 6 months, Kajol rarely had time to be with Arjun. She came home late night and must go in the morning. She kept to take care of her relationship with Arjun by managing the communication. Still, her business and hectic months made her had only little times for quality time with Arjun, even though they lived in one flat. Since Kajol couldn't give him what he want, the enough time, and of course the sex things too, he felt that his love for Kajol was slowly decreasing. He loved his cheating partner more than he loved Kajol.

On their anniversary day, she didn't see him in the flat. She thought, he was already gone to the office. She got ready immediately and went to her office as well. Kajol texted Arjun once she arrived at her office, wishing on their anniversary and asked him for lunch. But, he refused. The meeting with a client was his alibi. These years, she trusted him a lot, so she didn't think he was lying to her. Unfortunately, his alibi made Kajol had a plan to surprise him that night, after the work.

She finished her work and left the office as soon as possible. She stopped at a bakery to buy a cake for their anniversary. She chose Arjun's favorite cake, a lemon cake in medium size. She asked the server if they could write 'happy anniversary' on it. After that, she left the bakery and went back to their flat. She was so excited to celebrate it.

Once she arrived at the building, she parked the car, and walked as fast as she can to reach their flat. She finally was there. In front of the door, she smiled and went inside. At that time, she found Arjun was kissing another woman on the couch, and their bodies were already topless. She was shocked. She dropped the cake box on the spot she stood up and saw everything. It was shocking Arjun and the other woman. He tried to talk to Kajol, but she left without listening to him. She went to Kareena's flat and stayed there for some days.

Few days later, she was back to their flat with Kareena and Saif to help her picked up all her things. Kareena offered her to stay with her, but Kajol refused. She decided to move into a new flat, and live alone. Arjun was not there. She didn't want to see him, since that day. She rejected his calls. She didn't reply his messages. When they were about to left the flat, Arjun came. He was a bit upset to see Kajol there just want to take her things out. He held her hand strongly. Kajol tried to take off her hand, but she couldn't. Kareena and Saif tried to help their best friend, but Arjun pointed his finger and warned them. He gave sign to Kareena and Saif to left them, because it was their problem.