CHAPTER 43 ― Little Angel

"Ya, baby?"

".........."

"Kareena?"

".........."

"What? Ho-how could?"

".........."

"Okay, I'm going there right now."

After hang up the phone, Shahrukh immediately left his office and went to...the hospital. The heavy rain fell down in London, made him reach there late, because anyhow he should be careful when he drove the car. For Kajol. For seeing his lovely wife, and obviously for his own safety. Once he reached the hospital, he ran to the emergency room. He found Kareena sat with her mind drowning somewhere.

"Kareena?" he greeted her.

"Shahrukh," she replied, stood up and welcoming Shahrukh by a slight hug.

Shahrukh embraced her too before he asked, "How is she?"

"She is still under treatment. Shahrukh, I'm sorry. It's all because I was careless."

Shahrukh stared at Kareena bleary, but full of questions. "Let's sit. Calm down."

"How did it happen?"

"It was, we ordered some foods. When it came, I was in the bathroom, so she went out to receive the food."

"In the middle of this heavy rain?"

"Hmm."

Shahrukh covered his face with his hands, "Oh God~"

"When I was done, Kajol was already back and she was wet through. I found her in the kitchen, when she was fainted."

Shahrukh was silent. "Ya...I forgot to tell you that she is so sensitive since she is pregnant, including with the cold weather."

Few minutes later, the doctor who gave treatment to Kajol came out of the room. Shahrukh and Kareena stood up and met the doctor.

"Doctor, how is she?"

"Are you her husband?"

"Yes, I am."

"She has a bit shocked with the cold weather outside and she gets cold. So far, she is still weak. But, don't worry, overall, she is fine and still under our control. Once she gains her consciousness or gets better in few hours, she will be moved to the inpatient room. Considering that the birth date is coming, I suggest her not to leave the hospital till she gives birth," the doctor explained. Shahrukh and Kareena nodded, meant they understood.

Before the doctor left, Shahrukh asked, "Then, how is the baby?"

"I'm glad, it didn't affect too much to the baby. But, it seems she can't deliver normally, because the baby's position is entwined by the placenta. We need the caesar surgery for the sake of the mother and the baby. Anything else?" the doctor asked before she left them.

"Can we see her?" Kareena asked.

"Of course. Please one by one. I'll be back. Excuse me," the doctor said, then walked away.

"Kareena, if you want to see her, go. I'll manage the administration first," said Shahrukh which welcomed by Kareena's thick smile and nod.

Approximately 20 minutes Shahrukh managed the things till their baby born, he came back to the emergency room and saw Kareena was already out of there. They had a little conversation before Kareena asked for permission to leave because of impromptu things.

"If you need something, don't hesitate to call me ya. Once again, I'm so sorry for what happened today," she said.

"It's okay. Thank you for taking care of them. Take care," he replied whilst hugging her slightly.