CHAPTER 18 ― Shahrukh

Once I finish my work, I decide to go to the café near my office. It's my favorite place to chillin'. When I arrive there, I order a cup of espresso. It takes few minutes for me to get my coffee. Then, I take it and start to find my seat. At that time, I see someone in the corner. She looks familiar.

Is it Kajol?

I come closer to her to make sure. When I reach her table, yes it's Kajol. I knock the table to wake her up from her daydream, hahaha. At the beginning, she is shocked to see me there, but unexpectedly, she offers me the seat opposite her. I don't take many times, I sit there. It feels so awkward, but I try to make it melt. As always, I'm the one who start the conversation. Start from asking her if she's okay until I see her book on the table. It looks like a diary. Seems she loves to write.

Gosh, we have the same passion and hobby, I guess.

We talk together, actually it's only me who keep talking and as always she listens to me, just like what she said, "because someone who loves to talk needs someone who is all ears." Lol. Then, I look out of the window and suddenly, something is comings up in my mind.

Rain in the night

A time of peace

Eventho the cold piercing the skin

And there are some bad memories recalled

Which always causes the heartbreak

Rain in the night

A time of peace

A beautiful time

When you are here

To spend time with me

Drown in to the night

Together with the rain

You, me, and us

I deliver my quick poem in front of her. I know it's a bit cringe, even less I did it in front of a new friend. Hahaha. She just listens to me.

"Ehehe, sorry for my silly poem," I apologized.

"No, it's okay. It was great!"

"Really?"

"Hmm. All the poem is beautiful, especially when you made it sincerely," she said with her shining eyes.

"Does it mean my poem made with my sincerity?"

"The only one who know it is you. But, if you let me to tell you, I'll do it," she crosses her hands on the table and smiles.

"Okay, so please tell me," I look at her, so does she.

"As I see from your eyes... It made with all of your purest sincerity. But you have to deliver it to the person you loved. It must be so meaningful," she said, with her smile appears on her face. No one has a smile as pretty as hers. Beautiful.

"Alright, thank you so much and thanks for the advice," I responded to her compliment.

We both are back to the silence, but our eyes still staring at each other's.

"Eh-hm, Shahrukh. Sorry, I have to go," she says while puts back her diary into her bag.

"Oh, yeah. Before it's too late," I look at his watch too.

"Come on," I stand up.

I look at her, she seems wondering.

"Ladies first," I tell her to walk before me.

I give her my smile and follow after her..

"Thank you," she greets the barista and I smile to them, before we left the coffee shop.

"You're welcome, Madame."

I'm standing in front of the door, looking at her when she is about to go inside her car.

"Do you need a drive?" she offered.

"No, thanks. I have my car there," I refused nicely with a smile.

"Hmm, okay, see you!" she smiles to me.

I wave my hand and get into my car. She doesn't even wait for me to saying good bye or see you hahah. But, okay...

See you, Kajol.

What a beautiful night!

I smile. Then, I go inside my car and start to drive to my flat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I arrive in my flat, I parked my car and go inside the building. I take the lift to the 9th floor where my room is.

Ting!

That's the lift's sound, means I've reach my floor. I go to my room as fast as I can, hahaha. When I'm in my room, I take a shower to clean up myself and change. I wear my favorite pajamas, it's a plain black, my mother gave it to me years ago. Then, I laid back on my bad, while check on my phone. I feel so tired, but I remember the time in the café. I don't know why, it makes me happy and the tired slowly gone. I smile. I feel alive since I met her.

When I'm going to sleep, I receive a message. It's from Preity, one of my good friends beside Hrithik. I open the message.

"Hi, Shah! It's been a while, hahaha. How are you?"

"Hi, sweety! I'm good, how about you?"

"I'm also good. Anyway, sorry I couldn't meet you since you are back from your holiday."

"Glad to know that. No, no, baby, it's okay. So what happened? Is everything okay? It's not like usual you text me at this hour."

"Yes, everything is okay, don't worry hehehe. I just want to tell you that I sent a card to your apartement, have you receive it?"

"A card? Which card?"

"Oh, it seems you haven't receive it yet. Maybe it's on the receptionist."

"Ah, why don't they tell me when I reached here -_-"

"Hahahaha, they probably forgot. You can ask them tomorrow. Okay, we have to rest now. Good night!"

"Okay, sweetheart, night!"

After finish my chat with Preity, I try to call Hrithik. Glad he haven't sleep yet.

"Hrithik, sorry for disturbing your time at this hour."

"Not at all, whats up?"

"Nothing. I just want to ask you. Did Preity give you a card?"

"Preity...? A card...? Ah, yeah, she sent a card to my address. I received it from the receptionist. Why?"

"What is the card about?"

"Hmm, honestly, I don't know hahaha I haven't open it yet. I think, she sent it to you as well."

"Yes, she did, but it's still in the receptionist. They forgot to give it to me maybe. I wonder what it is about hahaha."

"You will know tomorrow, bro hahaha."

"Of course hahah. Okay, thanks yaa! I'm so sleepy so I'll sleep now. Bye~"

"Okay, bye."

Note from Shahrukh:

Okay, guys! Thank you for join me today hahaha. How do you feel? I'm still embarrassed because of my silly poem lol. But at least, we spent time together and I was not alone. I'm still curious about the card from Preity, but I have to sleep now because I'm so tired. See you on the next day!