CHAPTER 34 ― Newly Married

The wedding of the love-birds was held in a church, two months and half after they talked about it to their besties. It was only attended by their besties and few of their colleagues. It was also just a simple marriage, through the benediction in the church without any receptions or parties. Kajol looked so beautiful in long-sleeved mermaid wedding dress with wraparound neckline, combined in the satin and lace. A wedding jewelry set; necklace, earrings, and bracelet, with leaf cubic zircon shape, perfected her look. Meanwhile Shahrukh seemed so handsome, in his white shirt covered by a dark grey tuxedo with matching pair of trouser. He didn't forget the black tie and white little flower on his collar. This to-be-married couple looked so perfect.

They stood up in front of the priest, listened to everything he said. Finally, the time came.

"I, Shahrukh, take you Kajol, to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honour you all the days of my life."

"I, Kajol, take you Shahrukh, to be my husband. I promise to be faithful to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and honour you all the days of my life."

The priest smiled, "May the Lord in His kindness strengthen the consent you have declared before the Church and graciously bring to fulfillment His blessing within you. What God joins together, let no one put asunder."

"May the Lord bless. These rings, which you will give to each other as a sign of love and fidelity," he added.

"Amen."

Shahrukh and Kajol turned theirselves to face each other and exchanged the rings.

"In the presence of God and this congregation, I now pronounce you, "Husband and Wife"."

The guests smiled, except their besties. They smiled but with the tears of joy at the same time. So did the newly-married-couple. 

"You may kiss the bride," said the priest with his smile.

Kajol bit her bottom lip cutely. She felt shy to do it in front of the guests who had their eyes only on them. Shahrukh could see it and he understood. He cupped her face with his hands, pulled her closer, and kissed her forehead tenderly.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

After being married, they planned to stay at Kajol's flat, for about one month, perhaps, or at least till their new home is ready to be occupied.

"Let me do it," said Shahrukh whilst lifting up the cutlery and move them to the sink. Kajol cleaned up the dining table.

"Do you need some help?" she asked, seeing her husband cleans up the cutlery that they use for dinner.

"No, thanks. You can do anything else," he answered.

"Okay," Kajol moved her shoulders and went to the bedroom. She fixed the bed, remembering start from tonight, she wouldn't sleep on it alone.

Several minutes later, Shahrukh came. He found her wife standing beside the bed which looked so well.

"Kajol..." he called her with his soft voice whilst circling his arms on her waist from her back.

"Hmm?" Kajol responded slightly, embrace his warm hug, rested her head on his shoulder.

Shahrukh stayed silent. He closed his eyes, enjoying the cosiness that he felt when he hugs his beloved wife.

"What happened, hmm?" she asked, almost turn herself back to face her hubby. But, Shahrukh stopped her.

He whispered, "I love you."