CHAPTER 26 ― The Poem

"Shah?"

"Ah, ya. Thanks to you, too, for accompanying me to went out," he responded, a bit awkward.

"Hmm, it's my pleasure. To be honest, I enjoyed our time. You can ask me to accompany you when you need to, but please don't do it every day hahaha I'm a home-fairy."

"Really? So, may I just come to your flat then?" He was joking. They both laughed slightly.

It's not just a joke. He hopes he could do that for real.

"Kajol..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm just thinking about the quote I had read to you."

"What is that?" she asked excitedly. Her eyes shone beautifully like a crystal, but she didn't expect anything. Purely just wanted to know.

"Sorry if this would be cringe, I thought it suits you. I dreamt about...I'm not sure if it was you, but I guess, the voice was yours―this afternoon."

"The voice? What was it about?" her curiosity became higher.

"Are you sure, you want to hear that?" he became serious yet a bit worried. Yes they became friends just for the last few months. She might be 'ew' if she knows about it.

"I would never ask you if I don't want to know," she responded with her smile, showing her white teeth.

Shahrukh was not sure to tell her about it. Unfortunately, he let his mouth say everything to her.

She listened carefully, and then...DEG!

The atmosphere inside the car was changed a bit strange. Both of them tried not to ruin the night.

"Uh-hm, why did you think it was my voice?" she asks, tried not to seems awkward.

"Because it wasn't Preity's," he giggled.

She smiled and looked outside before they reach her building in a few minutes.

"I will send the picture of you once I reach my home," he said before she leaves.

She turned and smileed, "Okay. Thank you for today."

"No, thank you."

"See you. Take care."

"You too."

Kajol went down from the car and closed the door. She waved her hand while watching Shahrukh drove away. She walked inside the building, tried to reach her flat as soon as possible. But, on the way to her flat, she thought about something. "His dream? The voice? And..."

-o-

~Flashback~

Kajol went to the kitchen to prepare the lunch. Kareena had just told her that she would come to Kajol's flat, so Kajol had to prepare something for them. It had been a while since the two besties met up. When she was waiting for Kareena, she plugged in her earphone and shuffled her favorite playlist. The most joyous time for her to feel relive, so far. She drowned to her thought for few minutes while this song played.

In my dreams

You're with me

We'll be everything I want us to be

And from there, who knows?

Maybe this will be the night

That we kiss

For the first time

Or is that just me

And my imagination?