CHAPTER 45 ― Happily Ever After

Shahrukh left his daughter and entered their room.

"Kajol," he called his wife when he found her in front of the dressing table, applying a red color onto her lips. She wore a red blouse and white jeans with natural make up. The heavy rain hid his voice, so Kajol didn't turn to him immediately.

"Where are you going?" he asked whilst sitting on the bed and putting his bag beside hin.

"Oh, hi, you are home. I'm not going anywhere," she stood up, walked closer to her husband and welcoming him.

"Then?"

"What? Am I not allowed to do this?" Instead of answering his question, she asked him back, tried to be smarter whilst putting herself on his lap and helped him to remove his tie and tuxedo.

"No, but..."

She stuck up her point finger on his lips, "Shhh. You better freshen up, wear what I have prepared for you. I'll be with Alvira. Waiting for you, hubby." She smiled before she gave a slight kiss on his lips and left the room.

Shahrukh smiled whilst shaking his head. He took a shower and wore what his wife had prepared for him. He left the room and went to the living room. But, there's no one.

"Kajol? Alvira? Where are you?" he shouted.

"We are coming, Papa!" a loud noise came out of the kitchen.

Shahrukh sat on the couch and leaned. He was not suspicious at all. It seemed like he even forgot his own birthday.

"Happy birthday, Papa~ Happy birthday, Papa~" Kajol and Alvira came with a cake that has candles light on it. Alvira kept singing whilst running to him excitedly. Again, she got her Papa's hug.

Shahrukh was surprised, "Oh my God! It's my birthday?" He recalled the date before he finally realized that it was really his day.

Kajol kept holding the cake and sat beside him.

"Come on, Papa, make a wish!" Kajol joined them.

Shahrukh closed his eyes for a while, the room became so quiet. Then, he blew the candles. Kajol put the cake on the table before the three of them clapped. Shahrukh cut the cake and gave it to his angels.

"This is for Alvira," he fed her little angel first. Alvira ate the cake and chewed it.

"Hmmm, this is so yummy!" They all smiled and giggled.

"And this is for Mama," he fed his wife as well.

"Seriously, I forgot about today hahaha."

"Me too, till I saw a reminder on my phone. That's why we have no time to prepare something."

"Hmm, Papa. We just bought this cake and Mama cooked for us," Alvira joined her parents whilst cutting the cake and ate them. She gave a little bit to Shahrukh. He welcomed it with greed till almost ate  half of her hand.

They both looked at each other and giggled.

"Papa," Alvira moved into her mother's arms. Kajol lifted her up to sit on her lap, facing Shahrukh. Kajol hugged Alvira from her right side.

"Yes, princess?"

"What did you wish for?"

Shahrukh looked at his little angel, sometimes stole a glance to Kajol, "What did I wish for? I wish only for one thing. To have all goodness in our lives."

"Only one thing?"

"Hmm. Someone said that even if you wish for only one thing, but if you ask it sincerely, it would be granted."