CHAPTER 42 ― Worries

How happy they were after met the doctor and knew the truth that they would really be parents. They told this happy news to Kareena, Hrithik, Preity, dan Saif. The foursome were so happy on Shahrukh and Kajol's happiness.

Day by day went like usual, Kajol even went to her office. But, this time, she didn't drive by herself. Shahrukh always dropped and picked her up. He became very protective. Once in two or three hours, he always called her, to check or remind her, such as...

"Baby, are you okay?"

"What are you doing?"

"Don't forget to drink enough of water."

"Don't miss your vitamin."

Even sometimes, "I want to have lunch at your office, with you guys. Do you want me to buy something?"

Weeks changed, her belly looked bigger as the baby's growth inside her. Shahrukh asked Kajol to do all the work from home. He also divided his time, 3 days to work from home, 2 days to work from office. They agreed about it after a long discussion. Her physical and mental condition was often less stable considering her pregnancy was an adult. These days, she felt insecure because her appearance started to change. It was annoying enough for her mind.

"Shah," she said while saw Shahrukh was relaxing on the red couch whilst enjoying the tv show in front of him. She came closer to him with her slowly steps.

Shahrukh stole a glance to her and walked towards his wife. "Hey, I thought you are already sleeping," he said. He embraced and led his wife to accompany him to sit on the couch.

Whilst hugging his arm, Kajol said, "I...couldn't sleep."

Shahrukh was confused. As long as she is pregnant, he let his wife to sleep earlier and there was no problem. "Hmm? Why?" he asked.

Before hearing her answer, he felt a water drop and her cold hand on his skin. He let his arm free from Kajol's hold and switched off the tv.

"Kajol. You are crying. What happened?" he asked once again, whilst cupping her face. She started sobbing. He wiped out her tears from her chubby cheeks.

Slowly, Kajol lifted her face up to stare into Shahrukh's eyes. "I...I'm not beautiful like me in the previous, right? Do you...still love me?"

"What?" Shahrukh was shocked, but stayed in silence.

"It's true, right? I'm not attractive anymore. My body―"

"Kajol. Hey. Listen to me," he cut whilst smiling. He wouldn't let her to continue her words, because it would make her to feel even worst. Moreover, he knew, what she would say is not true at all. He also understood that it was a part of sensitivity inside an expectant mother.

"Listen to me carefully. You are beautiful. You remain pretty. You even get prettier even though you are in this state, because you indeed are beautiful all the time. Inside and out. My thankful to God would never be enough for His most beautiful blessing, it's you and our baby. Remember one thing, darling. You don't have to be worried, because I love you and I will always love you, no matter what," he added which made her tears flowed down even more.

Shahrukh pulled Kajol to his arms, stroked her head tenderly, let her to cry so all her worried could fly away.

"You...won't leave me?" she asked, still sobbing.

"No. Never," he replied, kissed her head.

When he felt she became quieter, he broke the hug. Again, cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears. He left a slight soft kiss on her lips, then he smiled.