CHAPTER 15 ― The Flight (2)

The flight attendant informed that in 20 minutes, their flight would be transit in Istanbul for 90 minutes. After hearing to the announcement, the man packed up his bag. He turned to Kajol. He was confused, whether he should wake her up or not. He decided to...

"Excuse me," he said whilst clapping her shoulder.

She opened her eyes and woke up. She looked at him with her sleepy face mix with a bit annoyed.

"Eh-hmm, sorry for waking you up, but we will transit in Istanbul," he told her. Again, he just got her cold stare.

"In 20 minutes," he added awkwardly.

"Hmm," she replied. Then, she got up and went to the washroom to freshen up her face.

"This woman is a bit annoying with all her coldness and silence," he thought, whilst shook his head.

She came back to her seat.

"Thank you for waking me up," she said whilst looking for something in her bag.

The man was shocked. He turned to face her and smiled. But, she didn't realize it because she was busy in tap-tapping her face with a sponge from a compact powder.

The flight landed to transit in Istanbul. All the passangers out of the plane. Few of them seemed stretching their body. Kajol went to the café all alone. She ordered for a cup of latte and a sandwich. She took her seat near the window. She checked on her phone while sipping her latte. There was a message from Kareena. It was written, "Okay, Kadz~ Safe flight yaa!" She smiled and locked her phone back. She seemed enjoying her sandwich whilst continuing read her book.

"Excuse me. May I sit here?" suddenly a familiar voice greeted her. That man on the plane stood in front of her table with his coffee.

She looked at him and gave the sign to sit opposite her by nodding her head and blinking softly.

"Thank you," he took his seat.

"Anyway, I'm Shahrukh Khan. Shahrukh for the short," he added while stretch out one hand to her.

She looked at him, gave him her little smile, "Kajol."

Since she didn't greet his hand back, he put it down. He sipped his coffee, then looking around.

"It needs few hours to arrive in London. Do you live there?" he asked.

"Hmm," she answered, nodded her head without taking her eyes off of her book.

"Oh, great! Me too! What did you do in Bali?"

"Holiday, what else?"

"Oh haha, same. It's such an amazing and peaceful place to calm ourselves, right?"

"Hmm," she just humming.

"It was fun to do the solo trip, but sometimes I feel alone even though it was just for 1 week, because I used to be in a bit crowd with my friends,"

"But, it's important to have our own spaces."

"Hmm, yeah. So, you love to travel alone?"

Kajol nodded as her answer.

"And you loves book, as I see,"

"Yes, as you can see,"

They were back to their silence. Shahrukh looked at Kajol adheringly. Feeling someone kept an eye on her, Kajol rolled her eyes and met Shahrukh's. She closed her book and put it down. Then, she crossed her hands on the table. Without any words, she did the same, but in the cold way. Shahrukh felts like her stare is so familiar. Even if it's cold, but it's deep and touch his soul softly. So then, Shahrukh felt he understood the meaning of her stare.

"Eh-hmm, sorry, but I just curious why are you so quiet and...cold?" he started the conversation between them, again.

"I'm also curious, why didn't you stop talking to me whereas I seems don't give any attention?"

"I love to talk. Even if the person who I talk to doesn't listen to me, but I'm sure they heard. So do you, right?"

She made a little pout and nodded.

"So, eh-hmm...Kajol. You haven't answer my question yet,"

"Do you want to know?"

"Yes. That's why I asked you."

"Because someone who loves to talk needs someone who is all ears," she showed a little smirk.

"Wah! I don't even expected it hahaha but yeah you are right," he agreed, sipped his coffee.

"I know. I will let you to talk more. So, how was your holiday?"

"As I said, but I enjoyed to be there. How about yours?" he hold his chin and ready to listen to her.

"Well, I also enjoyed it so much. It helps me a lot to refresh my mind," she answered.

They kept talking and seemed enjoy their conversation so much. Kajol was not cold to Shahrukh anymore, but she still keeping a distance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kajol's phone was suddenly ringing. She checked on it and found that it was the alarm.

"Oh, our flight will take off again in 30 minutes," she said whilst put her book back to her bag.

"Ah, yeah," he responded while checking his watch.

"Let's go," he added.

Kajol smiled and walked after him.

"By the way, Kajol. Do you always make an alarm like that?" he asked when they were on their way to the plane.

She nodded, "I would miss something. To avoid it, I always arrange alarms to remind me about the things that I have to do."

"Wow, such an organized woman,"

Kajol looked down shyly, "Hhm, thanks."

They reached the waiting room. Few minutes later, they went inside their plane and took their seats. Kajol turned her head to Shahrukh. She smiled to him and he smiled back to her. When the plane started to take off, they started to talk again. This time, Kajol made a start.

"Shahrukh?"

"Hmm?" he responded while organizing his bag.

"Hmm, I'm sorry," she said awkwardly.

"For what?" he looked at her.

"For being too cold to you,"

"Oh. It's okay, Miss. We were strangers,"

"Were we?" she cut his words.

"We were. But now, I think there is no more cold Kajol," he said, gave his smile to Kajol.

She raised one of her eyebrows, wandering what he mean. At the first time, he understood that expression.

"So, friends?" he raised his right hand.

She smiled and gave him her right hand, "Friends~." They had the high five and became new friends.

They kept talking along the flight. About anything, just like old friends always do. Sometimes, Shahrukh throwed some jokes and it made them giggling together. Shahrukh thought her laugh is hilarious, and it makes him feel strange, "Why does my heartbeats get faster when I hear her voice? Her laugh is something else..." All the problems are gone at that time. They were enjoying their time together, because who knows they will meet again or not even though they live in the same country.