CHAPTER 33 ― The Surprising News

Two months later

Ding dong!~

Kajol opened the door after hearing the bell ring.

"Hi! You come so early," her eyes shone bright when she found Shahrukh, who was wearing black hoodie and navy jeans, holding a bucket of red rose, stood in front of the door.

"Flowers for my lady," Shahrukh gave the bucket.

"Oh, thank you. How sweet!" she smiled and grabbed it. "Come in," she let Shahrukh in, then closed the door.

"Sorry for my messy flat and...messy me," she apologized whilst leading him to the living room.

"She looks so hot," Shahrukh thought. No wonder, a man would think like that for seeing a woman wears black plain t-shirt which suit her body well and a skirt with match color.

"What is this behavior, Kajol?"

"What?" she put the bucket on the table and tied her hair up.

"You apologized for the messy things, but you don't even give me a hug," he pouted.

"Oh my God!" she giggled and walking closer to him, giving him a very tight hug.

"I missed you, baby," Shahrukh hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too," Kajol broke the hug and left a slight kiss on his cheek, then gave him her best smile.

"Don't try to turn me on, Miss," he warned her whilst showing his dimples.

"Oh, come on! It was just a kiss on your cheek," she whispered in flirting way before she run away to the kitchen.

Shahrukh shook his head and followed her.

"Then?" he hugged her from the back, sniffing on her neck, occasionally snipping it with some little kisses. He loved her smell.

Kajol was used to let him doing such things, doesn't mean that they were doing anything out of the bounds before their relationship was inaugurated into a more sacred bond, but this time it couldn't be done.

"You better help me to prepare the dinner or they will scold us if they come for nothing." They giggled.

"Ah, you're right," Shahrukh let Kajol free and helped her to prepare the dish.

They finishes everything in an hour. At the same time, the bell rang. Kajol opened the door and found Saif, Preity, Kareena, and Hrithik.

"What a good view, you all come together, so we don't need to wait even longer," Kajol was joking around whilst greeting the foursome.

"Come in," she directly led them into the dining table.

"Wow, Shah. You gave me an excuse for not coming here with us, but you came first!" Preity greeted Shahrukh in her talkative way. They all laughee. Each of them took their seats whilst kept talking about how they are, their days, their works, etc.

Kajol served them with tea, as the beginning for the whole dinner.

"Eh-hmm, tell us, Kadz. What is the purpose of this dinner? It's not even your birthday," Kareena asked after she took few sips of her tea.

"Hmm, it's been a while since the last time we all met, right? So, tonight is besties time!" she explained.

"Oh, really? You barely did this before. Did you hit the wall?" Kareena trolled Kajol and made everyone laugh.

"So, Kareena. Do you thinks there is something fishy?" Hrithik joined.

"Wait. Kajol, since when you receive flowers?" Saif added, made everything seems more fishy.

"It must be from Shahrukh. He came here before us," Preity said and sipped her tea.

"How did you know, Preity?" Shahrukh showed his shocked face.

"So, is it true???" the foursome of their besties said it almost at the same time.

Shahrukh nodded. "Will tell you the rest, let's eat first," Shahrukh cut the conversation because how they could come into the main topic before they eat the main course.

They enjoyed the dinner.

"Hmm! This is delicious! Kajol, did you make it all?" Preity said with those sparks on her eyes.

Kajol smiled, giggled, "Thank you, Zee. But, Shahrukh has some contribution. Hope you guys enjoy it."

"Hahahah, I just helped her to taste, whether it's perfect or still needs some flavours," Shahrukh responded whilst smiling, showing his dimples.

"Her cook is always tasty! Right, Kareena?" Saif also gave the compliment, he even asked Kareena too.

"Hmm, so true! Since we were on college, we love to eat any dishes made by Kajol. First, it's so delicious, second we got it for free! Hahahaha," Kareena is not Kareena if she doesn't make any jokes. They all laughed.

"Congrats for Preity, Hrithik, and Shahrukh. You guys finally taste it!" she continued.

"I would like to eat them all hahahah," Hrithik was also fun.

"I'm glad you guys like it," she smiled to the four, then turned to Shahrukh. He gave her a wink.

Once they finished the main course, they took time to drink water before Kajol serves them with the dessert.

"Mm, let's continue the previous topic." Hrithik said.

"Which one?" Shahrukh asked.

"Oh, that fishy things here," Kareena spontantly joined.

"Ah, right. It's not Kajol's birthday, but she finally received a bucket of rose, and..." Saif spilled out point to point.

"Shahrukh, you came here first," Preity said.

"Wait, Kajol, you have won a big tender?!"

"Or you finally wrote your poems in your 200 pages?"

They kept guessing.

"Well, guys. Actually, Shahrukh told me about..." Kajol started it first. They all fell silent, being serious in all of sudden, and listened to her carefully.

"His feelings toward me." The besties seemed surprised!

"What?! Do you mean..." Preity asked Shahrukh to make sure about her thought. Shahrukh seemed understand what Preity is questioning in her head, so he took the control of the conversation. Meanwhile Kajol stayed silent with her pink cheeks and biting her lips.

"Yes, and we are getting married," Shahrukh spoke up whilst holding Kajol's hand.

The besties were still in shocked.

"I don't expect this, bro!"

"Time flies so fast~"

"How could it be?"

"Shahrukh, you won a gem! And Kajol, you got your prince!"

The besties had different reactions.

"It comes beautifully and we feel it naturally," Shahrukh explained.

They all smiled, knowing their two besties, who are kind of amazing human being, finally found their happiness.

"But, Kajol, you doesn't wear any ring?" Kareena realized it first.

"No engagement?" Hrithik added.

"No. He didn't even propose me. Hahahah but it's okay, I think, we don't need it, because we believe in everything that happened to us," said Kajol in her shaky voice.

"Owww, how sweet you are! Shah, don't ever hurt her or I will kill you!" Preity acted like she is Kajol's bestie, not Shahrukh's.

They were back into their laugh. The news was shocking them, but they were grateful. At least, their besties will not going too far and they know that they were happy to be together.

"Tell us if you guys need something for the day," Saif offered.

"I definitely will," Kajol said whilst raising up one of her eyebrows.