CHAPTER 29 ― The Terrible Past

"I didn't expect it. It was..." Shahrukh started to tell her what happened. Meanwhile Kajol was so ready to hear anything from him.

-o-

~Flashback~

Yesterday, Shahrukh was getting ready to go to work. He actually saw Kajol's message, but he didn't reply because he was in hurry. There were so many work to do, meetings, etc. Even, in lunch time, he couldn't left his works. Once he finished some of his works, he took time to rest and have some food. Then, he was back to work.

When he was in his room, seriously doing his works, his secretary called him.

"Sir, I'm sorry for disturbing your time, but there is a man who is looking for you."

"It's okay. Who is he?"

"I'm not sure, Sir, but he said that he is your father. Do you want to let him inside?"

DEG! He stayed silent. "Papa? What does bring him here?"

"Sir?"

"Eh-hmm, okay. Let him in. Thank you."

"Okay, Sir."

In a minute, a man came inside. He was really his father. In fact, he was not alone. A woman―that Shahrukh didn't have any idea, who she was; accompanied him. Shahrukh left his works and went closer to them. The atmosphere was not good. It was strange and Shahrukh felt bad for anything that could be happened next.

"Shahrukh?" his father greeted him awkwardly. Meanwhile, Shahrukh just stayed silent.

"Oh, so this is your son," the woman said.

"He doesn't even greet us and―" she continued, but before she finished her words, Shahrukh cutted her.

"Please, take your seat."

"Wouldn't offer if I didn't say that," the woman kept saying her sarcastic words to him. His father looked at her as a sign to stop her behavior.

They sat on the couch.

"So, Shahrukh, how are you?" his father asked.

"I'm fine till you come here," he responded coldly. The guests just looked at each other after seeing the way Shahrukh treat them.

"Glad to hear that. Sorry, I didn't want to ruin your day. Oh, is this really your company?" his father asked.

"Ya, as you can see."

"Yeah, great. I'm proud of you, son," his father said while looking around Shahrukh's room.

"Oh, I don't know that I'm still your son. Tell me, Papa, what does bring you here?"

"He just wants to make sure you are fine, after―" the woman spoke again.

"Can you please stay silent, hun? I want to talk to my son."

"Hun? Oh, so this is your bitch?"

"Mind your language!" she was shocked and upset.

"Shahrukh, please. I know we are disturbing your time. I even know you hate me so much. We are here because I want to apologize, for what had happened in our family, years ago. And yeah, she is...your step mother. You have rights to behave like the way you just did to us because I think I and we deserve it. I'm sorry for leaving you and your mother," his father explained the reason clearly.

He listened carefully before he coldly talked, "Okay. I don't care anymore about it. Thanks for coming and your goals are fulfilled, so you both can go."

"We will go, even though you don't tell us to do," the woman interfered.

"I know it's hard for you, but I believe you will forgive me someday. Once again, I'm sorry and I'm so proud of you. We are leaving," his father and the woman stood up and went through the door.

Before the guests left the room, Shahrukh stood up and said, "Papa, I never want to have a step mother, plus she is her. Thanks for leaving me with mom. I'm sure she is happy now because she knows you left her only for a bitch that for me, she is not better than mom. Never."

His father kept looking down, felt ashamed. But the woman with him kept staring at Shahrukh to showed that she doesn't like Shahrukh at all. They left without any words.

After the forced meeting with his father and his step mother, he tried to go back to his table and work like nothing happened. But, he couldn't. His thought flew into his past, where he lived and grew up in a warm family. All he knew was only about love. His parents loved each other. Till the worst day came. He was 17 y.o. His parents fought in their home. No, he didn't see them, but he heard them clearly. How his mother found out that his father had been cheating on her. And his father defended, at the first time. Shahrukh didn't believe it. It was a difficult position for him, he loved both. But once his father couldn't hold it anymore, he finally admitted. He left Shahrukh and his mother, without anywords. Not even sorry. It really hurts him, till now. Remembering how he and his mother suffered over life. Remembering how their life was going, there were thorns inside their happiness. Remembering how his mother was in pain, and died after fighting her cancer. And no one was there for Shahrukh, except his father's close friend who had been like his own uncle. But, he realized that he couldn't depend his life on his uncle. His father... He didn't even come to his mother's funeral. And his father came with his bitch, just to know if he livedwell? God, he didn't even care about anything that connected to his father. For Shahrukh, his father is no more since he left.

~Flashback end~
-o-