CHAPTER 24 ― I'm Here

"... That's why I was really shocked when he came to the party and repeated the same thing. I thought he has changed," she ended her story with her empty stare.

"Oh, sorry, I told you a long story," she realized few seconds later and apologized to Shahrukh.

He smiled and held her hand, "I'm sorry it happened to you. It's okay, you can tell me anything. Start now, we are good friends."

She looked at their hand and then moved her gaze to his eyes. She still felt confused whenever she looked at those eyes, but she just smiled, and said, "Thank you."

"Oh, does he know your flat? I'm worried he will come to meet you there and doing something bad to you," Shahrukh asked.

"Glad he doesn't know," she sighed.

Few seconds later, her phone was ringing.

"Saif."

"Answer it, go ahead," Shahrukh cleaned up the table, brought the cutlery to the sink and washed them.

"Ya, Saif?"

"Kajol, where are you now?"

"Me? Uh, I'm in Shahrukh's flat. Why?"

"Arjun wants to talk to you. Don't worry, you are not alone. I'm with Preity, and Shahrukh can come as well."

Hearing Saif, Kajol looked down and sighed. At that time, Shahrukh was back to his seat, he checked on his phone.

"What say? Are you okay?"

"Okay, I hope this is the last time," she didn't smile anymore. Her face turned cold with flat expression. She looked worried.

"Okay, we will meet in one hour, I'll send you the location. Bye."

"Bye," she whispered.

"What happened to Saif?" Shahrukh asked while his eyes were still on his phone.

"Nothing. He asks me if we can meet in one hour. Arjun wants to talk to me, but after what happened, Saif won't let me to meet him alone. He will be there with Preity too," she bit her lower lip.

Hearing Said Kajol that, Shahrukh left his phone and looked at her.

"Are you sure?" his tone became serious.

Kajol nodded, "Yeah. Saif said you can come if you want to."

"Hey, I'm with you, don't worry. We face it together," Shahrukh stroked her hands and convinced her.

She turned to face him and smiled.

"Anyway, this is your lunch box. Thank you for delicious foods!" He tried to melt the atmosphere. They giggled.

"You're most welcome. I'm happy you enjoyed it," she smiled shyly.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

They arrived at the restaurant that Saif sent the address. They looked around to see their friends. Preity saw them and waved her hand.

"Over there," Shahrukh told.

They had a round table with 5 chairs. Arjun sat next right to Saif, meanwhile Preity was next left to Saif. Shahrukh let Kajol walked before him. The atmosphere felt strange.

"Hi," Kajol greeted them awkwardly.

Preity smiled, "Please take your seat."

Kajol was about to sit right next to Arjun, but Shahrukh sent her to sit next left to Preity. They came to the serious conversation.