CHAPTER 3 ― Welcome Home

They stayed silent, before Meera cracked it.

"Kaali?"

"Hmm?"

"What if I die because of that incident?"

"I can never forgive myself."

"Heheh, it was not your fault."

"You did it to save me. Would be my pleasure if God sends you back here and takes me there," Kaali giggled meanwhile Meera sighed.

It was a little dark answer.

"Life is not supposed to stop because of it."

"How could I live when you are not here? I couldn't bear the emptiness for this 15 years or more, and I couldn't even imagine how my life would be if you are really gone. I don't want to imagine it anyways."

They were back to the silence. Meera kept staring at him. Her eyes spoke, like "Is that how much you love me, Kaali?" She smiled, stroked his hand tenderly.

Kaali stole a glance to her and smiled, "Don't ask me about it again, I just can't—"

Meera plumped up his hand. "Okay. Sorry," she said whilst rose up her eyebrows and smiled.

Kaali turned his face to her for a few second and gave his dimples smile to her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad there was no traffic. They arrived at Meera's home safely. Kaali parked the car and got out of the car to help Meera. Veer and Ishita helped them to bring the belongings.

"Kaali, I'm fine. Please let go of my hand," said Meera, giggled, when Kaali held her hand strongly.

"I won't," he was being protective.

"Okay, up to you. At least, don't hold it this strong."

"Oh, sorry."

They walked inside the home and saw the little welcome party.

"Welcome home, Meera!" They all shouted almost at the same time.

"Thank you, everyone. You guys must have worked hard for this," Meera was surprised and smiled. Ishita walked to her and they hugged each other.

"Not that hard, Pogo ji," Sidhu said.

"Sidhu, be polite!" Veer slapped Sidhu's arm.

"How are you, didi?"

"As you can see, I'm so fine today."

They sat there together and started talking, eating, drinking, and joking. Until 2 pm, one by one of them asked for permission to go back to their work. There were only Kaali, Meera, Veer, and Ishita. They talked about arranging Veer and Ishita's marriage. Until they thought it's enough for the day, they ended the conversation. Kaali and Veer asked for permission to go home. They walked outside the home, Meera and Ishita followed them.

"Good bye, Ishu," Veer greeted and kissed Ishita's cheek.

"Bye," she waved her hand to Veer, gave her best smile as well.

"Bye, Meera, rest well and take care, na~," said Kaali.

"Hmm, bye," Meera replied, smiled at them both.

"Bhaiyya? What was that?" Veer asked and gave some signs to do the same as him.

It was confusing them, except Ishita, she knew what he meant. So, she just shook her head and giggled. Meera and Kaali were absolutely confused, but Veer kept on his work, even though it was getting harder. In a few minutes, Kaali finally understood his little brother. He came closer to Meera, erased their distance and kissed her cheek softly.

"May I call you tonight?" he whispered. It sounded so soft.

Meera smiled and chuckled, "I think you just tell me to rest well."

They both giggled. Then, the guys went to their car and went home.