CHAPTER 39 ― The Rain

At Madhuri's restaurant

"Hey, you guys are here!" Madhuri greeted them happily. They hugged and kissed the cheeks.

"Eh-hmm, Madhuri. I'm sorry, I misunderstood you yesterday. He explained everything to me," said Kajol.

"Ck, no problem. I'm also sorry, I joined his silly game," Madhuri replied whilst stroked Kajol's shoulder.

"He is prankster. Please be careful, Kajol," she added, gave him a sharp glance.

"Hey, I didn't do anything," Shahrukh interrupted. They laughed.

"Why do we just stand up here? I've arranged your table, special table for the newly married, hahaha," said Madhuri.

"You don't need to think about the price, it's free for my good friends," she continued whilst hit his arm and got the laughs of them.

"Please take your seat," she said after dropped them to the table on the corner which facing the blue sea and the huge sky.

Kajol seemed shocked and touched. She turned to Shahrukh for a few seconds. Her stare welcomed by the sweet smile from her husband.

"I'll leave you two. The dishes will come in a minute. Don't worry, I prepared the best here. Enjoy your time!" she continued, smiled, stroked Kajol's shoulder and waved her hand to Shahrukh. The couple smiled back to her and thanked her before sat on the chairs.

"Did you ask her for this?" Kajol asked.

"Me? No. Am I a romantic person so I asked Madhuri to do this?" Shahrukh replied.

While giggled, she said, "Hey, you are not that uptight."

In several minutes, a waitress came to give them the dishes. Boiled potato with chicken curry and cream soup, accompanied by typical drink of Santorini.

"Wah, she knows your favorite food?" she asked with a sparkle in her eyes.

Instead of answering her question, he replied with joke, "Oh, you are not jealous anymore." Hearing what just he said, Kajol sighed. They started to eat whilst talking about anything, as always.

"This is delicious! I think we should pay them," she said.

"Hmm. But, let it be. If Madhuri said that, it means we don't need to," he replied.

"But―"

"Alright, let's ask the waiter for the bill. Okay?" He looked around till had eye contact with a waiter, he raised his hand, called the waiter to come.

"Can I help you, Sir?"

"Hmm, can we get the bill?"

"Oh, Madame said, Mister and Madame are her guests, so don't need to pay the bill," said the waiter.