Regular Day at Base

Rose glanced out Ratchet's passenger window as they arrived at the base. Her hair was curled slightly in a ponytail, laying limply at the back of her neck. Ratchet's alt-mode came to a slow stop, his holo form twisting in the seat to face her. Rose gave him an amused smile, "Thanks for the ride Mommabird." Ratchet huffed, faking annoyance "What have I told you about calling me that?" Rose shrugged, opening his passenger door and hopping out, "That's a good question Ratch. Remind me again?" Ratchet grumbled and his holo form disappeared, replaced moments later with his bot form. "I've told you not to call me that." Rose looked back at him over her shoulder as she continued walking towards the hangar bay, "I don't see you complaining." Ratchet rolled his eyes, "Please, you and Wheeljack with your "nicknames." Rose grinned up at him, "I don't know what you're talking about, I enjoy Wheeljack's company." Ratchet narrowed his eyes at her, "At least one of us do." Rose chuckled and patted his leg before walking completely through the bay doors and into the main part of the base where both Autobot and humans were working and relaxing. Rose waved Ratchet off and continued towards a group of soldiers standing around Prime. Rose smoothed her way through the group and glanced at the scattered papers and boards littering the table. She ignored the sound of the soldiers arguing and instead gathered the papers and sat down in her chair, ruffling through to find the current discussion. Optimus tilted his head and moved his gaze from the loud-mouthed soldiers to Rose sitting at her desk, quietly waiting for the men to realize she was there. She caught Optimus's optic and smiled lightly at him. Optimus blinked, "Did Ratchet drive you here today?" Rose nodded, turning her chair to face him, "I knew you'd be busy with this lot so I called to see if he could pick me up." Optimus nodded slowly, "When are you going to get a new automobile?" Rose shrugged, "I'll get one soon most likely, Lennox offered to help me find one but I don't think he'd be much help. I still can't believe the deceptions destroyed it." Epps, one of the soldiers who had been arguing interrupted, "Maybe you should just get a Peterbilt, you've always wanted one." Rose raised a brow at him and leaned back in her chair, "I love Peterbuilts there's no doubt about it but it's not the most inconspicuous car, no offense OP." Optimus shook his head, "No offense taken. I didn't know you were interested in the Peterbilt model." Epps smirked, "She's not just interested in them Optimus, she loves those builds. It's her favorite kind of truck." Rose flipped him off, "Don't make me sound like a school girl Epps. Peterbilt's are worth their weight in gold." She looked over at Optimus, "My friend's in the trucking business and he's got a Peterbilt, never let me drive it though." Epps snorted, "That's because you drive 100 on a 45, and that's not even when your rushing." Rose rolled her eyes at him, "I drive responsibly, you know that." Epps looks up at Optimus and shook his head, heading back to the soldiers who were still debating. Optimus looked down at Rose, bemused, "I don't believe Ratchet would be very happy at the fact you like Peterbilts more." Rose glared at him, "It's not my fault my giant alien dad had to be a coincidently a Peterbilt, you know I don't pick favorites." Rose crossed her arms and turned away from him, "Besides if I had to choose Rachet is already my favorite." Optimus gave her a hint of a smile, "Don't you think that's unfair?" Rose didn't turn, "I know what your trying to do and it won't work. Don't be all hurt because I like Ratchet more." Optimus shook his head, "Of course not, Rachet is your carrier, you two have a bond that takes years to grow." Rose nodded, "Exactly." Optimus poked her gently, prompting her to turn around, "I guess I'm not good enough for you?" Rose blinked, "You know it's not like that you big oaf, I love both of you guys equally, you're my parents." Optimus smiled, "I thought so." Rose rolled her eyes and groaned, "You tricked me!" Optimus cocked his head, "I did no such thing, did you not say everything yourself." Rose narrowed her eyes, "Of course I did, but you tricked me into saying I loved you guys both."' Optimus shook his head, "I see no problem little one." Rose shook herself, "I hate when you do that." Optimus patted her head, "Do what?" Rose swatted his hand away, "Do that, and talk all "primly".