Page 28

28.

My heart was racing. I began to sweat. I looked over to see if my phone was next to me, I must have left it in the kitchen.

There was no way I could just let this one slide.

I sat and calmed myself down before going to the kitchen. Once I was able to make it in there, I grabbed my phone and I called Keith, no answer. I couldn't possibly sit back and do nothing.

I decided to drive to his job, the whole ride, I called him and got no answer. The thought of what I could have signed made me sick. My face was drenched in tears, I could barely stop my car before I jumped out. I walked right in and was granted access, because the security guard knew me.

I made my way to his office where he was getting out of a meeting. He noticed that I was crying and grew worried. He pulled me into his office,

"Dee, baby? What's wrong?"

I shoved the papers into his chest,

"WHAT IS THIS?"

"Baby, I... I..."

"What did you have me sign?" I yelled.

"Dee, baby sit down. Let's talk" he grabbed me.

I pulled away "No! Fuck that! You tell me what the fuck is going on and you tell me now, damnit."

"I can't." He said, putting his head down.

"What do you mean you can't? Keith what did you have me sign?"

"NOT NOW, DEE!"

I cried and screamed "What are you doing?"

He was growing angry

"Go home, Deysire!"

I slapped him

"You son of a bitch! How dare you lie to my fucking face, you have me to sign GOD KNOWS WHAT and you CAN'T tell me what I've signed? For all I know, your sorry ass probably had me to sign divorce papers"

I grew more distraught,

"My GOD, how could I be so stupid?" I questioned while slapping my hand on my head.

Keith interrupted

"Dee, go home. You're overreacting!

"OVERREACTING? I'M OVERREACTING? My sorry ass husband has potentially had me to sign my life over or better yet DIVORCE ME FOR MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND!"

His mouth flew open

I continued. "That's right! I know everything.

He shouted.

"Amanda? You're acting like this because you think I'm sleeping with Amanda?"

"Oh, cut the shit. I seen the messages and I fucking followed you, mhmm so now what?'

"Is everything okay?" The security guard interrupted.

Keith put his hand up at him and said "Yes Mark, we're all good. My wife and I had a slight misunderstanding."

"Alright, Mr. Washington. You two have a good day." Mark said as he let himself out.

Keith looked at me "DEYSIRE, THIS IS MY JOB. LEAVE OR I'LL HAVE YOU ESCORTED. WE WILL TALK WHEN I GET HOME"

"Fuck you, Keith! I won't be there" I cried as I jetted out of his office.

I made it to my car and grabbed my phone and to my surprise

I have 4 missed calls from Stephanie.

"FUUUUCK!"