sneaky Link (2)

I woke up to a wet face and meat smelling breathe. "Noo Arlo, stop it I said." He stopped and just sat on my bed as I stretched and took in a huge breathe of air, letting it out as I finished stretching.

It was the next day and I had an appointment for a dog walk. This rich old small lady who had like six dogs; all chihuahuas. So I got ready. Showered, brushed my teeth all of it. Arlo usually went with me but this time it was too hot so I let him stay home.

___________________________

"Morning miss Luisa." I said once the hunch back lady opened the door. Her large framed glasses were falling off so I helped her put them up. "Morning mija." She walked me inside.

"How are they doing today?" I asked looking around for the bunch of loud and energetic chihuahuas. "Fuzzy."

Oh no. This was going to be a long day. I smiled at her but internally I was dying. "They're fed and they drank aguita (water). They just need their walk. Also mija I won't be needing to walk them tomorrow, they have a vet appointment...," she rambled on and on about the things they would have to do.

When I finally left the house these beasts were already pulling me everywhere, even though they know damn well we always walk the same route.

We were on our second time around the park and I felt my phone vibrate.

[unknown number] -
Heyy it's Billie

I set aside my yell filled with excitement once her name appeared on my screen.

Y/n - hey Billie what's up?

Billie <3 -
You know just eating

But I wanted to know when I Could see you

Wait sorry I meant like for the dog training you know... 😅

Y/n -
Yeah for sure the dog training 😉

Well rn I'm doing a job but I could stop by today

To evaluate and see what I could be working with

Billie <3-
Can't wait To show off my super good dog 🙄

We texted for a bit until she had to go record. Whatever that meant.

When I finished walking the dogs for an hour and a half and they were all in my car cramped up with snores sounding amongst themselves I took them to their home. Got my pay and walked out. All before 5pm.

Billie had sent me her address before she had to go so I typed it in my maps noticing it was a good twenty minute drive. I freshened up a bit, changing my clothes and doing my hair with a little more effort than I had before. I couldn't decide if I should bring Arlo.

Bil <3 -
and bring Arlo Shark misses him

Problem solved. Damn girl could read minds or something. I won't question it... yet.

________________________

I was now at the footstep of the house Billie had sent me to. Part of me was nervous but the other was very much excited. For some reason my head went numb around her. It was a curious feeling. And I wanted to explore it.

"Oh hello." I red headed woman opened the door. Maybe in her early  50's. "Hi I'm the dog trainer. " she seemed confused and so I was hoping Billie would pop in and burst the awkward bubble I was suffocating in. "Momma let her in." I heard her voice from somewhere inside the neatly decorated home. She smiled at me, and I returned it.