Sneaky Link (24)

Jesús fucking Christ. I can't remember the last time I woke up with a massive hang over. "Sandyyyy." I whined loudly. "Shut up." I covered my mouth with both of my hands.

"Want pancakes." I yelled into my hands. "Okay you can talk now." I removed my hands from my mouth and got more comfortable under the blanket. "Can you make them with chocolate chips?" She nodded as she flipped another pancake. "God my head aches."

I awoke the beast. Arlo ran to me. His tongue rubbing against my whole god damn face. Not a spot was left dry. "Oh thank you Arlo." I pushed his head away from me as I sat up. "Ellie and them are coming over. They're pissed you didn't hang out with them too."

"Cry me a river. I see you guys hang out all the time now." I grabbed onto the couch as I got up slowly as my world moved around me. "Well you've been with miss sunshine over there." She began mixing the contents in a bowl.

"Who?" I asked. "Don't fuck around you were crying about her last night. You know you love her. So go talk it out."

"After I eat right." I stood next to her by the stove. "Yes after you eat." I smiled at how easy it was to change her mood. "Sandy."

"Hmm."

"Would you put more chocolate chips. Damn are they going extinct or what." She grabbed the spatula and smacked it on the back of my head. "Geez." I rubbed the spot as I looked over at her kitchen and my eyes landed on my phone. I decided I was going to be the grown up that I am and turn it on instead of the other choice. Which was to ignore her and not contact her first. Which I would have done if I wasn't worried sick. What was so bad that she couldn't talk to me about it. I mean was there a reason she couldn't confide in me?

I waited for the phone to wake up as I scooped another pancake into my mouth. I unlocked my screen and when I saw I received no new messages my fuse fucking exploded. "And she still hasn't texted me. What the shit man." I dropped my phone onto the carpet.

"I'll just kill myself." I laid on the carpet once again. "Come here big baby." Sandy sat next to me placing a cup of water on the table. "Let's get out of here. Get some fresh air." I shook my head.

I fucking hate this little game she's been playing with me. But most of all I hated the way it was working. The way it made me want to chase and find her and get her ass to confess what the fuck is going on.

"Please." I looked at sandy who was looking upset. It couldn't be because of my girl problem, or at least not only because of that. "Okay fine. Do you want to do anything specifically?" I asked now sitting up. "We can go bike riding. We haven't done that in a long time." I agreed."

"Okay. But I also need a fucking smoke." Her lip raised to a slight smile.  She brought all of her supplies along with a couple picnic blankets.

"Okay now we just need bikes." I sighed. "Mine is at my moms house. She might have an extra." I grabbed my keys and walked out of the door. Behind me followed Sandy and Arlo. Both with somehow similar movements.  "You brought some weed?" I asked and she nodded. "Woop woop. " I honked my car horn and sandy slid down her seat slightly in embarrassment. I needed to not think about Billie and being with arlo and sandy with a little weed in my system could achieve that.

I drove as sandy started playing some music. "Who is this?" I asked the same question I always seem to ask her. "Phoebe Bridgers." She displayed her screen to me allowing me to see the artists appearance. "She's like meaningful as fuck huh?" She nodded. "She's like real as fuck. I'm going to a concert soon." My eyes widened. "And you know if I'm going. Your ass is going with. I don't care if you're on tour with your girlfriend." I shook my head. "I don't even know about that anymore."