| • twenty-one • |

BUTTERFLIES IN STOMACH   

MARCH 2017 

I was surprised with myself if it were all not a reality as I hung out a lot of times with her, but don't get high on anticipations. We hung up only as a gang. We haven't personally hung out even a solo time. But this was quite different than before always I used to grin at her and fix my gaze on her.

But this time, she took my place but ain't as much as I did. She always used to give a pleasant smile each time we meet and as days past I caught her three times staring at me and the moment I did she would swiftly roll her eyes. And, the inner me was kind of partying that she had some different reaction like I had with her. 

'Mr. Lewis, you're asked to visit Dean's office,' Oh this shit really sucks. Fearness took over my face and this time, my eyesight rolled towards the blue eyes in the way of gaining hopes and she nodded looking at me.

That was more than enough. I retired off to class with a smirking smile as this time I was asked to sing for the college program. My friends expressed their own excitement more than I did. This time, she did the same as well. The program came forth as per they announced. 

The huge mistake I made on my side was to get some over-confidence which made me resist the rehearsals and practises. My performance was up to performed in a few minutes and I had Stella, Emma and Noah aside the stage cheering me up. 

I went up the stage out of fright. Well, life never goes even as per my plans. This time how dreadful I am to just stand on the stage without any hard practices. 

All around me are familiar faces…
Worn out places, worn out faces…
Bright and early for their races..
Going nowhere, going nowhere…

Their tears are filling up glasses…
No expression, n-noo expression…
Hi-de may he-ead..ahem.. uh..

That's it all took me to be dumbfounded when I utterly ruined my performance.

'You ain't worthy asshole,' That filthy William yelled when I was standing like manikin in the middle of the stage.

'Ughh.. This sucks,'

'Ain't good boy,' I heard distinct voices from distinct directions. I clenched my jaw and fist so badly that I took off from the stage and made my way towards my friends as they were aside the stage. 

'Don't dare to utter any words. Shut the hell up,' I yelled before they could begin to console me. I was really up to no good when Emma approached me with soothing her hands beyond my shoulder where I had a harsh declination by pushing off her hands.

I really didn't know who was it. Because, you would see a different me when it comes to my rude times. None could really afford to handle me. I swiftly took off from the stage, from auditorium and then from collage without informing anyone about my existence over any place. 

'Emy, can I just sit onto the rooftop for a while. I really had a bad day. Please, don't let anyone up,' I pleaded with her as I made my way towards the cafe and met her at the counter busy organizing stuff.

'Yea sure James. But what…' I rushed upwards without even hearing any of her words other than 'sure James'. That was enough to let my foot do the rest of its job. But never did I expect someone to pay a visit where I was. To be specific, someone more special? 

 To be specific, someone more special?