| • twelve • |

MOTHER'S PALAVER 

I shoved my pocket to find myself spotting out a call from my mom after when I grabbed it. I swiped up to make a converse with her by letting my feet work directed towards the corridor.

'Jay, you're never taking out any attempts or making time for me to just make a call and let me know about how you doin'?' She yelled out of question at the first launch of this call.

And I stood lacking my hope. But it's just her, she expresses her concern in her own ways which I could understand as I was making my own way in heading near my car.

'Mom, I was kinda busy with the preparations of the Christmas. So I haven't got time to do so…' I got cut off when she prompted,

'Well, How are your studies goin' on?'

She didn't ask me how I was. 'How are your studies goin' on?' She has not made any attempts to ask how I was. But, yeah she was the same woman who cried hard when I left for college from Canada. But whatever, nothing stops me loving my mom. 

'Yeah, great mom. How you and dad?' I muttered shamelessly knowing the fact that I had never been her ideal offspring. No matter whatever effort I put on, I never will be.

'Yeah, we're good. But the house is empty without your presence always, since you left for your masters,' I could sence the grief in her as when I was busy driving back home.

'Are you comfortable with the house I rented from my old friend of mine? Is there any trouble making yourself the stuff you wanted? Everything good nah?' She enquired out of concern and I am damn sure that after a few moments when I disconnect the call she is going to find herself a hanky to wipe out all her tears and sniffs for the next few moments. 

'Yea, mom. Good as always,' I have to really thank Mr. Lodge for renting me his apartment and he is the kind of generous person who affords food and kinds of stuff which makes me feel better, he also invites me to his home. He even does not show any hesitations in offering his bike, car, either. Like I have them now, I am using them to head back to my home. 

To be frank, I had his advice for the first few months when I was too down about my idle break-up with my girl.

I remember a lot of times mom insisting 'Samuel Lodge was the best person I've ever met in high school who shows loyalty even if he catches up after a long while,' But the ungrateful thing he has done is to be mentioned by his dumbkid who often loves to annoy me with his action of ringing the doorbell early mornings.

'Oh, shit,' I exclaimed when I registered that it took a few millimeters in distance to get hit by an other car. 

'What's wrong honey? Everything alright?'

'Thank god! I would've been hit through a car by now, mom,' I sighed as I hit the breaker.

'James, I've reminded you plenty of times to not drive your car when you're on the phone. Lemme call you later. Reach home safe,' She advised me and disconnected the call after we shared I love you between us.

I reached home and the day went nothing in particular when I heard a ding from the doorbell. I looked at the uneasy sweaty Mrs. Lodge presence over my dorm.