| • twenty-eight • |

CHRISTMAS EVE

As my buzzing phone hit me hard enough to bring me back to reality. I took my phone to check the caller to be found as Layla.

Oh hell. Why does everyone want to remind me about Christmas each and every time like I'm suffering from amnesia?

I clicked my mouth as I swiped the call up. 'Dude, what's up?' She didn't give me any ideas to get myself adapted to reality. Her squeaking voice annoyed me even more.

'James, just two days more for Dec 25 to make an arrival. So, come over to Lucas's home, you lunatic. The sooner you do the lesser you get killed by us,' She abruptly hung up after threatening me.

I finally made my decisions to spare all my grieves at least for a few days that I officially have to enjoy and made myself get ready to absolutely head towards Lucas's home.

After providing my few minutes with stuffing my mouth while grabbing an outfit and knocking on the Lodges door to get his car keys since he asked me to return due to his frequent driving phase.

Ding, I clicked his doorbell after climbing his umpteen staircase to reach out since the goddamn elevator is under renovation. By the time he decided to unbolt his door, I completely took a bath in sweat.

'Dude, is it raining outside?' Lucas was about to assume it and I was like, what the hell.

'Make your optics nerve function, Lucas. Does it really look like raining? I'm goddamn sweating man,' I pushed him to make my way in as he got jerked and wondered as my eyes witnessed something.

Sienna Mason? I always find her here, something is fishy.

'Why do I always find you here?' I spitted my words towards Sienna.

'Dude, we've to perform best if only we do practice for it,' I had a sort of doubt since the announcement given by our principal. What's really there to get a practise?

Yeah, I know somethings can't be changed even after we encounter it a million times. I remembered being encountered so dumb with lack of practise at collage days. And then I went hushed.

After our trivial conversation which turned to the argument on, 'Does Sienna really have talent in singing?' and finally led to the practice. Everybody took out their respective instruments and were about to start our rehearsal until Sienna interrupted something.

'Buds, wait, Ben has to come,'

'Ugh,' I groaned, who the hell added him in the band? Besides knowing the fact that it's just Sienna who is the cause for everything. Then we began to work hard on our vocal cords.

Come they told me pa-rum pum pum

A new born king to see pa-rum pum pum

Our finest gift we bring pa-rum pum pum

Blah.. Blah.. And blah, we sang our hearts out loud while the song enriched us with all excitement for the day. As we all wished, in just a flickering of our eyes the day arrived. Actually, for the first time I admit my college has turned into an enchanting fortress.

The sky was kind of dim which let all my grieves apart and it was around 7 p.m. the flooring was decorated with tiny Christmas plants to every corner and alternative to those was the Jesus crib, somewhere hung and the rest were resided.

I could sense my eyes shone only by all those lit up candles residing everywhere adjacent to themselves. I could see no lights and bulbs anywhere but yet it was all taken over by umpteen candles. As I entered the class after hardly making myself escape from being cramped in between people.