| • thirty-one • |

DEPRIVED FROM CALL

Sometimes we really have no clue whether we are in dreams or reality. We tend to do the act of pinching ourselves to make sure. Well, I was in that act.

'Ahem.. What did you say?' I prompted as I could not recognize his words amidst the confusion of residing in a reality life or in a world of the past.

'Why the hell did you refused to bid even goodbyes?' Noah made his repetitions to hit me hard as to bring me back to the call. 

'Yeah.. I know it's all messed up. If all I did was to be framed as my fault then William must also get a greater share than I do,'

'Hey wait, you know what? I saw him, here, at Elwood beach,' I added my shock which I had at the beach to him. 

'Who did you see?' As I expected Noah couldn't understand who I was talking about. 'It's William, William Bailey,' As the moment I uttered his name, to my surprise the person at the other side of my call exposed a greater amount of shock than I did.

'What? Really? You're kidding, right?'

'No, Noah. I'm serious. But, actually he was good, he totally forgot all the fury we had within each other. I just wondered how people could absolutely change totally,'

'Yea, maybe that's for true. Stell used to be in touch and now she doesn't seems to give any damn to us. She even ignores the fact that I'm still her cousin,' His blab offered my tiny chuckles. After a few ups and downs chit-chat he abruptly exclaimed. 

'Oops! It's 2 p.m now. I have got to go. I'm sort of busy. Sorry, let me call you later. Okay?' Just before I could add any words---to be specific even letters, he disconnected the call. 

Bullshit! 

After I spoke to him, I kind of felt somewhat okay and relieved, amidst him doing nothing besides just listening.

Something is better than nothing. Yea, it feels okay to have  a free conversation with my old friend after months and even to talk about her to let my immense distress out.

So, I consoled myself that everything would be fine and went back to my bed after fishing out some dark chocolates to stuff my mouth and dozing off. 

My life decided to have its own devastating days than I had before, all her memories right from the first glimpse of her massive blue eyes to the 'James yours I'll never leave you was a complete lie?' being as the last uttered words from her somehow managed to flash up in my mind each time when it gets any opportunity to do.

And days past in nothing particular rather than shifting myself to the college visiting friends, sitting dumbfounded at lectures and bringing me back to home and starting my daily routine to worry and finally the unbelievable day I longed for just arrived without gesturing any sort of signs. 

'Hmm

'Hmm.. What about the Corner's Diner? Okay, let's catch up there after the class,' Layla waved her hands after ordering us to gather after everyone's class gets over as Lucas and Sienna made their departure since it's July 10 they have their class together for a seminar by the student president and I'm being so desperate to attend any of them, I decided to arrive a bit earlier then they do. 

As I ordered my milkshake and sipping it way more leisurely. 'Hey jay, you're too soon,' Sienna chuckled while patting my back and grabbed a seat next to me. Meanwhile, Lucas made his presence to the diner by giving a creaky sound while opening the doors.

They made their usual never-ending conversation while I continued my usual pursuit of silence. A while later Layla made her presence and interrupted them and later joined them after greeting me. 

'James, are you ready with reports? We've to submit it by tomorrow, you know, right?" Oh shit, I totally forgot.

'Yeah, I've got it in my home, I'll give it to you by today eve, okay?' I gave a lame excuse while she forced me to get back my home to bring those and I hopelessly made my ways back to get my half-finished report.

Never had I ever predicted of happening things which are unbelievingly are about to  happen now? 

I was halfway to my home as I leisurely strolled to my home since it's too near my home and I almost reached the elevator and stepped out as I was busy fishing out the damn door key. 

*PHONE BUZZES*

'Yup, just lemme take the report, hang on,' I swiped down the call after yelling at her since she always tries to remind me  twice or thrice. But this time she was more annoying. 

*PHONE BUZZES*

Oh hell, why is she getting on my nerves? 

I abruptly picked up the call without even witnessing who the caller was and literally beganned yelling at them.

'What the hell do you need now? Don't you lemma grab it. Hang on idiot…'

Before I could add any I heard the smoothy husky voice and a part of me was sure that I had heard it before, now I find it hard to register who that voice belongs to.

'Huh.. I'm sorry to bother you, James,' I can bet my life this mesmerizing voice doesn't belong to Seinna and I decided to make sure who was it. 

'Who's this?' I never knew my heart skips a beat after the second the caller reciprocates. 

'Hmm.. Emma Lopez,'

A/N : Thankyou!

A/N : Thankyou!

xox