36: Defense

In the moment of despair, just a few kind words can restore the faith in life and provide the courage to face the upcoming storm, after all, a tough situation is what builds a strong person.

Keeping the words the stranger had spoken in her heart, Hana stood up and declined the wheelchair brought to escort her to the hall where her trial would resume. Though her brain functionality had been restored, the memories of her encounter with the angelic stranger were still vague to Hana but she was certain that the next time she would meet her, she would immediately recognize her if not with her appearance then by her voice.

Her rejection shocked even the sternest of people present there because no one had anticipated that a Neander girl would be capable of showing such strength after going through one of the most excruciating forms of torture.

The blond-haired woman responsible for escorting her was also startled but soon her shocked expression was replaced with a pleasant smile and with a nod, she ordered the wheelchair to be taken away.

"This way" She gestured to Hana to follow them as they lead her to the hall.

"My people are rooting for you" her voice had a tint of excitement and the shift of her personality was a bit of a surprise for Hana. She was the first face Hana got to see after she was brought to the council as a terrorist and also the person responsible for interrogating Hana.

Hana was confused by her word so she faced the blond-haired woman with a puzzled expression as they crossed a long hallway with polished marble floors to get to their destination.

"My apologies for not introducing myself earlier..." She bowed down to show her respect.

"I am Amaya von Degurechaff"  When she revealed her name, Hana realized the status of the person before she held. Not only she was a member of the high council, but she was also the representative of the most powerful coven of witches. It would be safe to call her the most powerful witch of the current generation.

"The way you countered everyone's accusation and at the same time defended our species..." Amaya gleamed at her with sincerity.

"You have won the hearts and respect of many people, My lady" for no reason, Hana was blushing as if a very handsome man was flirting with her.  Hana couldn't help but feel grateful to Amaya for showing some form of support. 

"Emperor's blessing may be with you" Saying that she signaled the guard to open the enormous door that was made of gold with the craving of mystical creatures such as dragons sculpted with intrinsic details.

Hana's heart pounded when she took small steps inside the hall which looked double the size of the previous hall. Though the internal structures were similar to a big statue of the Kaiser The Emperor Uchiha Sasuke was carved into the walls, sitting on his throne. The statues of all seven Thirios extended from both sides of the Emperor expanding throughout the walls of the hall showing the unification of the seven realms and ultimately ending on the opposite side of the hall with a statue of the goddess who granted him the power to control Thirios.  The ceiling was heavily frescoed with paintings of different historical Kings, in contrast to the commensurate domed ceiling made up of colored glasses that the previous hall had.

Another difference that was very evident was the audience which seemed to be multiplied as well with the presence of the head of all three founding royal families: 

Uchiha Taehyung of Death Valley, 

Kaiden Bethory from Carabian and 

Sahra Nova, Queen of Egyptia, 

were stationed on their respective throne on the second floor just above the throne of the Archon.