43: The hint

Jimin watched Jassabella fuming from the corner of his eyes, choppings the branches of the trees as if she was imagining it to be his little brother's neck. Once in a while, she would let out a series of cuss words and even squash the fruit while cursing the guy who had betrayed her.

Jimin was well aware that she was pissed with Jungkook for escaping alone however he strongly believed that they were better off in the temple serving their sentences rather than risk getting their terms extended. Anyway, Jungkook would have to complete his share of terms as well since their family didn't allow any exceptions.

"Let the boy have some time with his mate, girl! He has been deprived of her attention since the very beginning so the least we can do is empathize with him. Trust me I would have done the same if I had a mate like Hana; hot-tempered and unapproachable " Helena commented laying down the basket filled with Saccharine.

A frown appeared on Jassabella's face as she couldn't accept her words. Firstly she had yet to acknowledge the spoiled crown Prince as her friend and secondly, Hana was a ball of sweetness laced in honey for her.

"It's true Hina, yearning for your mate can be very agonizing and you can't deny the fact if we all would escape, Jungkook would barely get a fraction of her attention." Jimin backed up Helena's statement.

Jassabella went quiet noticing the sorrow reflecting in Jimin's eyes. If Jassabella knew any better she would have assumed he was talking about himself. It was more than curiosity that struck her and she had to confirm her suspicions.

"How would you know about the pain, Your grace? Did your mate not accept you as well?" Jassabella inquired without caring that she would appear noisy in front of the guy she had a crush on as she had to know if her feelings were doomed, to begin with.

"Jimin, Hina... please call me Jimin" he corrected her, however, couldn't utter anything more about his mate.

Jimin had his gaze fixed at Jassabella's lovely face, pondering how would she react if he revealed that the person he was longing for was non-other than herself. He wondered if disclosing the truth was a wise thing to do but then he didn't want to force their bond on her in fact he wanted her to understand their connection and come to him on her own. 

Just then Sehun called out Jimin's name and taking the opportunity he excused himself and fled like a coward rather than being honest with her. He simply couldn't risk being rejected by rushing to claim her back.

"Did he just ghost me?" Jassabella exclaimed watching the guy disappear from her peripheral and Helena brushed it off by waving her hands.

"Don't mind him, his mate is a very sensitive topic for him" Helena mentioned gaining Jassabella's full attention.

"But why?" Jassabella dared to ask again and unlike Jimin, Helena replied to her without any hesitation.

"Jimin was engaged to his mate at a very young age. If I  remember correctly he was just ten years old and his mate was nine.  At that age, he had yet to master his immense chakra so while playing he had accidentally injured her. The girl's parents then broke off their engagement and separated them. They were against giving their only daughter to a vessel so they left Pyracea so that Jimin could never find her." she explained while Hina remained awfully quiet.

"So you see, he does understand the yearning for one's mate, more than anyone of us does. He has been waiting for her for years hoping that destiny will bring them back together one day. His mate is the reason why he is the only vessel that has complete control over his powers. He trained day and night to master it so that he will be capable enough to claim her back without any risk" The revelation completely shattered the girl's heart not because Jimin was in love with someone else but because he was suffering from the pain that was considered to be worst in their universe.