45 : My Light, my Emperess

Hana was never the kind to be impatient however sitting in the chopper beside Jungkook as they flew to the top hospital in Death valley, she was getting extremely restless. Jungkook placed his hand on top of her and gave it a squeeze to convey everything would be fine and though Hana gave him a tight-lipped smile, she just couldn't remain relaxed after all, she was finally meeting Daniel after the disaster that separated them.

The controversy surrounding the Salvaster family and their involvement in evidence manipulation during Hana's trial had landed the royal family of Vieana in a tight spot. To be precise, Salvaster Family was on the verge of losing their right and status since the investigation had uncovered some more dirt on them regarding the tax fraud and misuse of their power and authority. Therefore, all the rights of the salvaster family were seized temporarily and the custody of the crown prince who was still in a coma was taken by the council for now.

Right after Daniel was transferred to Kawashaki memorial hospital, Uchihas sent officers to pick both Hana and Jungkook up from Venesia as they knew Hana had been desperately waiting for the opportunity to reunite with her best friend.

As the helicopter landed on the helipad situated on the roof of the hospital building, Jungkook helped Hana to unbuckle the harness that had secured Hana on her seat while the two elite officers accompanying them climbed down first.

"Put your head down " Jungkook shouted over the sound of the engine and the blades spinning at an insane speed like he suggested Hana kept her head low while the officers helped her down the chopper followed closely by her mate.

A group of medical officers including the head of the medical department were already waiting for their arrival and as they approached the group, Jungkook snaked his arms around Hana's waist and slightly pulled her beside him then fixed her hair that was disheveled due to the wind force coming from the aircraft.

"Your Highness" the medical officers bowed down to Jungkook then they greeted Hana.

"We are honored to be blessed with your holy presence, Your highness" the dean of the hospital expressed her gratification and proceeded to lead them down to the VIP rooms where Daniel was currently being treated.

"We have managed to stabilize the patient's condition and his body is effectively fighting back the Thirios chakra. The patient is recovering at a very good pace. Anyday now, We will be able to give you the good news" the dean of the hospital briefed Daniel's current and the anxiety that was flooding Hana's system and found the barriers that managed to slow it down.

"Thank you so much for taking care of my friend, Lady Tsunade" Jungkook extended his gratitude which Tsunade gladly accepted.

"It's my job, Your Highness" Tsunade mentioned opening the sliding door to Daniel's room with a card, allowing the couple to enter first.

The room was bright and warm, decorated with flowers whose scent immediately brought a sense of calmness to the visitors. In the middle of the room, Daniel was looking peaceful as he laid down on a queen-sized bed with ventilation support and an IV attached to his body. Hana took baby steps toward her friend and despite her attempts to stay strong, her eyes betrayed her as the tears that had welled up began to escape one by one.

Approaching Daniel's sleeping figure, Hana gently caressed his hair with her trembling hand as she took a seat beside his bed. No words came out of her lips because she knew if she would try to speak nothing but painful wails would erupt and the last thing she wanted was for Daniel to hear her cry.

Taking his hand Hana leaned down and rested her forehead on them she wept silently for not being there to protect him.

"We will be just outside if you need us, Your highness" Saying that the medical officers left the room to give Hana and Jungkook some privacy.