One foot in the grave

*Chibs pov*

*Chibs pov*

You never truly get over something so devastating as seeing someone you love more than anything in the world get hurt.  She could have died that day.  My Belle could have died. 

The kids and i sat next to her hospial bed everyday.  She wasn't awake yet. 
I apologised over and over to my kids and i don't know how i will ever make it up to them.  The clubs issues almost took their mother.

"How's she doing?" I turn around to see Jax standing in the doorway. 

"Doc said that she should wake up any day now" i sighed as a glanced at the kids who's eyes didn't leave their mum. 

Jax gave me a look that said it'll be ok.  I sat back down and took Belles hand and my thumb rubbed the back of it as my mind wandered back to the good times that we had.  When i met her and everything we had been through.  She was strong and so so brave.  I brushed the hair from her face and a tear slipped down my cheek. 

At that moment Gemma came into the room and saw me, she gave me a sad look and ushered the kids out of the room, telling them that they will go and get some icecream.  I was so thankful for Gemma, she has been an angel. 

Jax still hadn't left, he was always there waiting.  I felt his hand on my shoulder and i broke down a little more. 

Tig hadn't visited her, he said he couldn't see her like that.  I understood and i think he blamed me for all of this. 

Just as i was starting to pull myself together the machines started going crazy and i felt Belles hand grab mine.  Jax had already ran out to get the Doctor. 

"Belle, it's ok you are in the hospital" i tried to calm her down as she began moving around her eyes still shut it was like she was having a nightmare.

"Belle come on open your eyes, you are ok" i had climbed into the bed and held her still agaisnt my chest, her breathing calmed down and i felt a sense of relief the fact that she calmed down with me gave me the feeling of hope.