Chapter 8

Chaeyoung POV

I mentally scream. This girl really doesn't know when to quit. Neither was she was calling me a douche bag, among the other names of course, strangely none of that made me angry. Usually people attempt to give up talking to me after getting a taste of one of my fouls mood. But, this.. This is different. Definitely, given me a confusing different. Weird different. It could be sweet different too. And its nothing I have known before. We were out. Judging the way we took, I did say it was the back side of school. I filled my lungs with freshly mowed grass infused air. There was a hint of the sea. It wasn't that hot unless we stayed in sun but the shade was cool.

"Lets sit." Her voice matched the surroundings.

There's no trace of the anger that was there a few minute ago. I waited for her to point out where and she caught my drift before it turned awkward.

"Down here, on the grass." I said.

Before I could open my mouth to said anything she added.

"It doesn't bite." She said.

There was a low crinkle of paper.

"So, what would you like to eat? I have peanut butter sandwich and a jelly sandwich. Hmm, some grapes and strawberry yogurt." She said.

"I'm not hungry." I said more sharply than I intended to.

"Hmm, I think I didn't asked you either you hungry or not." She said lightly to my shock.

"My question was, you want that peanut butter or the jelly or any other stuff?" She asked again.

I frowned at the strange way she was handling her encounters with my little hot temper.

"You're weird." I mumble.

"And you're a douche. We already did that introduction." She said.

I flinched inwardly. She just carried on like nothing happened.

"So, now. Back to the main subject. Peanut or jelly?" She asked again.

She did not! No, seriously. She's weird! Totally weird. I kept frown and the silence. Then, I heard she sighed.

"Okay, fine. Let just put half peanut butter on the left and on the right half jelly. But, I suggest you should start with jelly. The sweetness might ease your bitter mood." She said.

Huh? I can't with this girl. That almost cracked me up. We sat in silence for a while. She hummed pleasant musical sounds while she eat. Not to lied, she sounds good. The branches swayed above me and the leaves rustled. Running my hand beside me over the short bristles. Then, I kicked off my shoes feeling the grass on my feet too. It has been a long time since I did this and I breathed again. Peace washed over me for the first time in what seemed like many years.

"Normal people usually have the peanut butter and the jelly in one sandwich." I mocked finally.

"I know. But sometimes I prefer one over the other. You know if you once mix them together it hard to separate them. And I can always stack them together whenever I want both." She replied.

Well, that seems like a lot of work over a sandwich but somehow it sounded logical that I heard it coming from her. I didn't realise I had grabbed the sandwich she put in front of me until I tasted the creamy, crushed peanut butter.

"Why don't you eat at the cafeteria?" I asked disturbing the stretching silence.

She cleared her throat and I thought, good. She's still here.

"Well, for started its super crowded. Second, I'm not sure if its the new kid policy or not, but they keep stare at me. Not to said, there's some of them not even shy to point and whisper. Do they do that to everyone or that just only with me?" She said.