Chapter 46

Sana POV

I leaned base as far as our arms will allow us without breaking the embrace trying to read her stern features for a hint of what might this be about. With her brows pinched and her jaw was set tightly. Every muscle was taut with tension. That serious expression hardened her handsome, beauty face. And only then I felt the weight of her imprisoned thoughts for the last couple of weeks. I had no idea what caused this question to surface or for it flare up.

'Will it matter?'

'Would it change anything?'

As I repeated those words in my mind, I realised I didn't need to know the reasons. It was more important that I answered and I knew what mine was. I already knew the answer for a long time ago. Both my hands cupped her face. I wanted to vanquish any doubts that might concern her even if it was the slightest bit of concern. My thumps stroking the rigid muscles underneath.

"Nothing, Chaengie." I said.

My voice held strong confidence coming from every beat of my heart.

"There's nothing change between us." I said it again.

She kept a passive front like she always did yet her brows pinched closer.

"Even if I had another surgery?" She asked.

My eyes widened and my hands fell from her face to her shoulder.

"Really?" I asked shocked.

The jolt that ran through my body died quickly. There was more to this than she was telling me. That last failed surgery left her depressed and spiritless. It wasn't a subject to discuss or mention.

"What changed you mind?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged.

"I have my reasons." She said.

The determination was unmistakable in her voice as well as her features.

"Now.. now, I want this. I want to try again." She said.

A realisation spiked inside my head and I asked hoping I could silent the doubts than came with it.

"Chaeyoung, are you doing this because of the flat tire thing?" I asked.

Her lips pressed in a scowl as her head turned away for a moment grinding her teeth before facing me again. Chaeyoung hands closed over mine.

"That's one of the reasons. To be honest, all my reasons are because of you." She said to me.

My heart jumped in my chest so hard that I physically flinched. It felt like I was about to break down and shatter into a million pieces. The only thing that held me together was the utter tenderness emanated from her features that I have never seen before. Her fingers traced their path until they touched my face gently.

"What I meant was, you gave me all the will to try again." Her smiled widened to wholeheartedly one.

"Sana, I don't want to give up. I'm willing to try again. And again. As many times it would take. You.. you're constantly proving to me that there is nothing I couldn't do and if there's a solution to this I will take it." Chaeyoung said.

Chaeyoung inhaled deeply then sighed heatedly. The words that left her lips afterwards had me trembling.

"Most importantly in all this, I want to see you. I want to looked at you. I want to know if all this time I was imagine you correctly. If I'm drawing you correctly. I really want to see you." She said.

I smiled and leaned further into the hand that caress my cheek. I really wanted Chaeyoung to have her sight restored too. Hopefully she would still like me after she see me.

"Did you meet up with the doctor? How did you find him? Did he set a date yet?" I piled the questions one on top of the other as soon as they popped in my head. Chaeyoung laughed getting excited as much as I was.

"I met him yesterday. As how did I find him, for the three past week aunt Jeongyeon has been meeting up with the list of doctors aunt Mina put together using her connections. Two doctors agreed on doing the surgery. However, one is abroad and the other one is in town for a medical convention. His name is Dr. Daniel. I didn't want to tell you until I was sure and the exams were over. But things moved a lot faster than I expected them to. And the operation will be a week from today." She explain and I could see a hint of worrisome crossed her face.

"That's a great news!" I exclaimed.

As I looked at her, I contained my excitement.

"How are you feeling about this?" I asked.

She thought for a moment and then scoffed.

"Honestly, I don't know. I feel glad, worried, don't want to have my hopes up there in case the surgery failed at the same time hopeful that Dr. Daniel will be able to fix this. I can't point it out." She said.

"That's understandable." I said stroked her arms.

We both fell in silent for a moment and when we spoke it at the same time.

"Can I come?". "Will you come?" We saying in exact moment.

We froze, smiled and then laughed. It always surprised us how similar we were.

"That's mean a lot to me." She said smiled lingered on her lips showing those dimples.

"I will be there." I promised.

"That makes me happy." She entwined our fingers slowly.

"I want you to be the first person I see if this worked out." Her movements we slow and with great focus like she was trying to distract herself.

"And if the surgery didn't work I will still.." She just shrugged the rest.

I leaned closer. Confidence making my words.

"Nothing will change between us. Either this way or that way. You're always be Son Chaeyoung, the awfulness lord that I know." I said nibble her ears laughed a bit.

Then, I hugged her tightly as she hugged me back with same passion. I take a deep breathe.

"It will all turn well. Don't worry much okay." I whisper to her.

I could felt she smiled a little. Then, she pulled away a bit as her forehead rest on mine.

"Everything happens for a reason, right?" She played with our joined hands.

"You are all my reasons." She whisper.

I was so close that I was lost in those eyes. Would it be awkward if I sighed. Right then, Chaeyoung leaned in and capture my lips. Soft. Gently. Passionate. Love. All mixture feeling that us pour on this kiss. Kiss of promised. As that I made a silent promise to her. Promise that I will be there with her. No matter what happened. Good or bad. I will be there for her. And I hoped sincerely from the bottom of my heart that she will get what she wanted.

😍

Look at her everyone

Look at her everyone. Arghh! She's damn fine!