Chapter 52

Sana POV

I smile as Chaeyoung's hand grabbed me by the waist pulling me closer.

"Hey handsome." I said.

Well, she's too handsome and dashing right now with her short pink hair and tailored white suit she wearing. She's looked like cut out of the magazine look.

"Hey gorgeous

"Hey gorgeous." Her voice was thick as she leaned in for kiss.

My heart quivered in my chest and my knees wobbled as our lips met. Soft. Tender. And promising that there will be more when we.. hmm.. well, weren't in a public place. Yup, I got over feeling embarrassed of kissing her in front of her parents. Six years of training and a crazy girlfriend would knock the shyness out of anyone. Chaeyoung moved back just enough to speak against my lips.

"Congratulations! I'm so proud of you." She smiled deepening those dimple that I love and my heart sighed.

Its already six years and even I'm train myself, those dimple still make my heart skipped the beat. Poor my heart. Jeongin our recent photographer, took quite a few picture of us on campus. Some of all of us and some of only me and Chaeyoung. Everyone was happy and extra cheerful. Chaeyoung on the other hand seemed a bit odd. She appeared calm but I could sense that she was nervous.

"Hey, you seem a bit tense. Are you okay?" I leaned in asking in a low voice.

"I'm fine." She nodded with a laugh. But, still I could sense she's nervous.

Aunt Jeongyeon announced that they would be leaving and that we will meet up later for dinner to celebrate. There were a few strange exchanged looks before everyone split and left. What's going on? Chaeyoung stretch her arms out for me.

"Hmm, ready to go?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded taking her arm. She locked her elbow snuggling my hand there as we walked to her jeep. This was still our favourite way to walk together.

"Hey, do you mind if we made a quick stop on the way?" She asked as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"Yeah. Not at all. Where are we going?" I asked.

She rubbed her neck and then ran her fingers through her hair. God! Even she doing this simple thing, she looked damn attractive.

"You know, one of those house projects." She said and glanced at me.

"Interested?" She added waggled her eyebrow.

During the college, Chaeyoung started working part time for aunt Jeongyeon beside her bussiness studies. Yes, she continued in business as she said she wants to help her family and to gained more knowledge in bussiness. So, she continued her interested in art by helping aunt Jeongyeon. They bought old houses, fix them, and then sold them. Aunt Jeongyeon showed Chaeyoung the ethics and trades of profession. Chaeyoung enjoyed the hard work and aunt Jeongyeon was pleased with how quick Chaeyoung picked up and how dedicated she was. Mostly Chaeyoung was the one who designs the house. Either outside or inside. So, she said by that she still could continued her loves for art.

When I came to visit Chaeyoung at work she would take me on to tours around the the house she was renovating. One while they are all old and damaged, and one afterwards when they are renewed and fixed. After college, Chaeyoung applied to the company just like any new graduate. She had her CV, portfolio, and certificates prepared in hand when walked in to the interview. That surprised aunt Jeongyeon out of her chair. She applied to the same position that aunt Jeongyeon offered her and she turned her down. Chaeyoung told me that if she want to got the job, it would be because she earned it and not because she was the boss niece. This girl couldn't be more extraordinary. My smile widened with excitement.

"You know how I love to see the before and after." I said.

The work they did was astounding. The difference between the before and the after was incredible. I loved it when she took with to see their projects as he would follow me around as I babble on the things like, 'This would make a perfect living room.' or 'imagine if there was a porch her.' or something else. The house we pulled through the driveway was my most favourite. We talked about it a lot. Its beautiful even before the renovations. It was two story house with high ceiling. Four bedrooms and four bathrooms. A spacious living room and kitchen. Wide windows that flooded the house with soft rays of sunlight giving it that cozy, homely, inviting vibe.

"They don't build them like this anymore." As aunt Jeongyeon said.

"You built a front porch!" I surprised to see the white painted, newly built porch that wasn't there nine months ago.

I looked back at Chaeyoung who was a step behind me. Even the front of the house looked different.

"It was a good idea." She shrugged with a smile.

"Here." She pulled a key out of her pocket and handed it to me.

I reached for it getting all eager and excited to see the inside. A faint smell of paint, wood polish and cleaning supplies lingered in the air. Chaeyoung switched on the lights and I gasped.

"Oh my God! Chaeyoung! This is amazing!" I said shocked.

The renovations were flawless. If I hadn't seen the place when they first bought it, I would never have believe my eyes. I was spinning in a circle stunned with after looked. The good as new doesn't come close. The ceiling moulding was to perfection. The soft light complimented the soft colours of the walls.

"Hey, why don't you start upstairs first." She suggested.

I nodded feeling thrilled.

"I can't wait." I said excited.

"Go ahead. I will be in the kitchen. How does a coke sounds? I think we have some left." She said smiling.

Even though she was smiling yet she still seemed a bit off. I wonder what's on her mind. It she had a problem or what? Before I got to say something or anything she shooed me away and stepped into the kitchen.

"Go on! Take your time." Her voice echoed off the bare walls.

I knew she will share what was going on her mind sooner or later. Perhaps this was one of the later moments. I climbed upstairs with my hand running over the smoothly polished banister. I wandered slowly from one room to the other starting from the room in my right. That ageing yellowness and peeling wallpaper was replaced with soft pastel colours that embraced the walls. I looked out one of the windows the viewed the backyard. What once was dried shrubs and dead trees, was now all beautiful, green and flowery with garden table and chairs. I was grinning yet a bit confused as I saw my babbling suggestions were executed before my eyes.