Chapter 16

Sana POV

"All done!" A distant voice announced.

Eh? Done? Done with what? A gentle hand touched mine.

"Are you okay?" She asked close to my ear.

I did a quick overall check. Surprisingly, I was. There's no dizziness, sweating or pounding. All was well except the pinch in my forearm and plaster slapped over it. Wow! I'm already done. Wow. I then just nodded in her shoulder.

"You did good." She spoke as if I did something huge.

Not a big baby who was scared of needles. I laugh in my thought. I didn't move for a moment. It is weird or wrong if I wanted to stay like this a bit longer. This was peaceful. Chaeyoung didn't move either. Her hand stayed on mine and her strong shoulder held my head.

"Have a juice box." The nurse voice shattered whatever nice moment we were in and brought me crashing to the earth.

"There are a few on the counter." She added.

"I think we should leave." Chaeyoung spoke softly.

No! I want to stay. Shut up Sana! I leaned back blinking a few times to wake up my brain and looked at her. Seeing her in differently. I guess I seeing another new part of Chaeyoung.

"Okay." I finally said.

My voice sounded sleepy in my ears. We still have some time before our break ended, so we made our way to grab a quick bite with Nayeon and Minho. We were on our way when Chaeyoung sudden speak.

"Sana." She started.

I made a sound indicating that I was listening. She turned her head my direction pulling me from my own thoughts and having my full attention. I started to notice her ways. Like when she was listening, when she was bored or when she was lost in her thoughts. Little by little I'm learning who is Chaeyoung was. Her voice was serious in a way I have never heard before and that it startled me.

"Promise me. If something like this ever happened with you again, you would tell me." She said.

I titled my head looking at her not sure if I'm fully understand what she's meant.

"Don't leave me in the dark again, Sana." She added.

Now, I know what she meant by that. My heart flinched painfully right then in my chest.

"I'm sorry." I said touching my fingers to her arm.

"Just, I'm not good at sharing stuff about myself with others. I'm not used to that." I said honestly.

Well, I still hadn't told her about my parent. I can't just said, 'Hi, I'm Sana and my parents died last year.' This topic had no opening line and I'm not the one who good to made some opening line. We had to stopped walking by then and we are standing face to face. My hand held between her arms and torso.

"Neither am I." Chaeyoung shared in a honest moment.

"Just let me know every once and a while if you are okay." She gave me a small lopsided smile.

The pressure I have put on myself eased under her words.

"I will if you will." I replied and smile.

She frowned and her mouth pressed in tight line. She didn't said anything in a moment. I could sense the refusal spilling out through her pores. But, I wouldn't take less than an agreement. I tried to straining to see her eyes behind those dark shade. Disappointed, I only saw my own reflection.

"Deal!" She roared.

"Just to let you know, I have no fun." She added.

There was a beam of happiness in my chest that I carefully hide. Instead I hinted sarcastically to her.

"Really? I didn't notice about that." I said.

She froze for a second. Then for the first time since I met Chaeyoung, she gave me a full smile, dimple and all. Ahhh! She's so damn cute and hot at the same time.

Chaeyoung's smile

Chaeyoung's smile

"I'm going to regret this." She said smiling.

God! I could feel my pulse in my throat and my stomach was doing some sort of flip. I swallowed before speaking making sure that my voice would come out as unruffled as possible.

"Hey! No back off! A deal is a deal!" I said.

"And of course you will regret it." I added while patted her arm with my other hand.

Chaeyoung POV

Fascinating. That's maybe the right word to describe Sana. And I think the word of fascinating seemed to fit her perfectly. She broke me to the point I started smiling again and she seemed always would break me more in that way. With the exam coming up she would stay after school to study at the library. She invited me to come along but I refused. The school offered to have my classes recorded for me. A tutor was assigned by my parents to help me with researched and essays since I don't read braille and I wouldn't bring any braille written books to school.

At first I started to learn to follow the cells, but I quit after a month. I wasn't ready to accept that it might be permanent, but now there is the slightest hint of acceptance. So, what would I do in a library? Sit silently while everyone else read their book. Somehow, with Sana asking me for the second time I just couldn't said no. Especially when she added 'this could be fun' and 'you might be enjoy it'. I'm doubt about it, but I played along anyway. I knew I would be making a complete fool out of myself though.

So, apparently now we are heading to the library and I could hear low whisper. I could hear my name and Sana's being rolled around and I was about to turn and leave. But, Sana finger squeezed my arm gently with a slight tug telling to lean in.

"Someone told me once, ignored them, they will get bored eventually." She said.

As usual she smile coloured her word and spur mine. She used my words against me and that had me pinned. The thought of leaving never visited me again. Judging by the distance we walked and how far the last commented whisper I think we picked the far corner.

"I think we are comfortable here." She said.

She placed my hand on the back of the chair that I will be sitting on. I could hear her pulling the chair close to mine. Her sweet and calm perfume filled my lungs and I breathed deeply.

"So, where did you stop your studies?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"I didn't start yet." I replied.

"Good then. Me either. Do you mind if I read to you? I promised to try to be as good as the recordings you have." She said.

Well, there nothing I would prefer more than hearing her voice. She had a special ring that captured me. However, I shrugged in a 'if you want to' manner. Sana leaned in closer, so I could hear her when she spoke softly. This girl was doing something to me that couldn't explain and she was merciless towards the mess that was happening in my brain and my chest. There were moments were I drift in my thought and they always end to the things that Momo said. No matter where my train of thoughts started it always reached the same station and that bothered me beyond control. The truthful bits in her words were haunting.