Chapter 40

Chaeyoung POV

Just as I finished the last of my words Sana's arms wrapped around my neck and her lips were pressed to mine sending sparks in my brain and quivers in my heart. Her kiss was different this time. More passionate, more loving unlike any before. She tasted like strawberries and chocolate. The warmth of her body against mine had a tingling sensation rippling through me. I had to hold on to the counter behind me to balance while my other hand couldn't bring her close enough. Oh my god! Mercy on my heart.

"Awee.. young love such a sweet thing. But, I appreciate if both of you didn't show your sweet in front of me. I'm being jealous right now." Jihyo unnie said.

Sana smiled against my lips before she hid her face in crook of my neck. My cheek rested on the softness of her hair. I felt her shoulder shaking in silent laughs and I grinned too despite feeling lightheaded. For a moment, both of us forgot that Jihyo unnie was there in the kitchen with us. We stayed like that a minute longer before I had to let her go. The clicking sound of mom's heels reached my ears as she walked in while we ate our waffles and talked about our coming exams. She was on her usual morning rush.

"Oh, good morning everyone." The surprised in her voice was obvious.

She wasn't used to seeing me in the kitchen. For more three years I always had my breakfast in my room. Besides, even before the accidents we rarely having breakfast together.

"Good morning." Sana chirped.

I heard mom 'hmm' as she hugged Sana and a light smooch. Then I felt mom fingers on my hair. Hesitation in her touch. I usually jerk away or just pick up and leave. But, this time I didn't. So, mom gently touched her cheek to mine with another smooch.

"How was run?" Mom steps passed us.

A low clutter followed by a beeping sound and then a flow of liquid that filled the air with the smell of fresh coffee.

"It was good." I said before stuffing my face with a big bite to hide my grin. Yeah, we ran alright.

"Would you like some waffles, ma'am?" Jihyo unnie started to asked.

I already knew her answer before she replied. Its neither she had a lot of things to do, or dad already waiting in the car. Or she can't be late. Or there are people expecting her. And the list goes on.

"Hmm, we having a waffles party." Sana added.

I sighed silently. It won't work. I played every excuse. The routine was, breakfast alone, lunch at school and dinner when my parents were available. That was the schedule.

"Well... I-." Mom started.

"Jihyo unnie is amazing! Those are the best waffles I have ever tasted." Sana said.

Jihyo unnie's shy chuckle reached my ears. While I busied myself with my plate and juice. But, there's a tiny hoped inside me.

"Jihyo, do you have enough waffles?" Mom asked to my surprise.

"Oh, yes.. I have made plenty." Jihyo unnie sounded as surprised as I was.

"Great! Wait a minute. I will call for Ji sub." Mom announced and started to move.

The sound of her heels paused beside me and her hand touched my shoulder.

"A little late never hurt anyway, right?" She wasn't waiting for the an answer.

There was a smile in her voice and something else. Something felt like a hidden apology. Moments later, we were four at the counter. We were talking, discussing, and laughing. Another piece of me fell in place. It was time to make amends.

Sana POV

One month away until the finals. Chaeyoung and I started to prepare for the exams. We were either studying at mine or her house. I think we were doing good. So good that we had time to relax and have fun. We figured out a system that would help her study and help me revise. Actually its Chaeyoung's suggestion to record the lessons in my voice for her. So, that she could listen for it too. Besides, she told me that she prefer my voice so she could be more focus as she said she love to hear my voice. When she told me about that, I swear my face was red. I still remember that time she suggest it. She waggled her eyebrows at me when she said that and I laughed.

She said she didn't want me to waste my time reading and rereading the books for her. Well, I don't mind to reading for her but she insisted. So, I recorded and labeled those recording in her phone so she could listen to them whenever she needed. A tutor would take over when she's back at her house and then assist her later during the exams. While we were study, I peeked from behind my book at Chaeyoung at some point. She seemed distant. She was so buried in deep thought that she no longer was listening to the recording playing in her head phones or me when I called her name. She has been doing this a lot lately.

"Yes? Sorry. What were you saying?" Chaeyoung said focused when I touched her arm.

"What's on your mind? You seemed off with your thought. You know you can tell me right?" I said putting my book away.

"I think we should go out on a date." She blurted.

I gawked at her. Whatever I was reading just now in that book has just evaporated.

"What?" I asked.

I heard her perfectly for the first time she said it. But, I just wanted to make sure her words.

"Don't look at me like that, Sana." She said.

See, she was doing it again. Like she can see me. Heat burned my face all the way to my ears.

"Hmm, you know. Date." She said.

"When two people go out together and-." I cuts her.

"I know what date is it." I scoff.

Woah, is it the aircond broke or what? Is it hot in here or was it just me?

"Sana! Hello?" Chaeyoung called.

"Hmm." I replied with humming because I don't believe in my voice right mow.

"So, what you think?" Chaeyoung held her cool, but the tiny muscle that flickered in her jaw gave away how nervous she is.

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" She asked officially.

Awee, so sweet! As if I would ever say no to her.

"Yes!" I replied quickly and excited.

Then, I see her smiled in satisfaction showing me those cute dimple that melted my heart. She relaxed further in her seat.

"Good. So, how about tomorrow?" She asked.

"Sounds good! Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

Chaeyoung just waggled her eyebrows.

"Its a surprise." She said and as she can read my mind she added.

"Just wear something comfortable and warm." She said.

"Now, back off to your study." She instruct me.

Pffft, as if that was going to happen now. Suddenly, I remember about the another room inside her bedroom. Should I asked her or not? What if I destroy this moment?

"Hmm, can I asked something?" I asked.

"You already asked. Hmm, what is it?" She replied.

"Hmm, when I were at your bedroom I accidentally found another room inside there. What's on the room?" I finally asked.

"Oh! You found it? There's nothing. Just my studio. Next time I will show you okay?" She said smiling.

I just hold her hands squeezed a bit let her know I agree. When it was time for her to leave I walked her to the door and we stood there, fingers entwined.

"Aunt Jeongyeon will be driving us tomorrow if that's okay with you?" Chaeyoung said.

"Its fine. I like aunt Jeongyeon." I said as I fiddled with our joined hands.

"Pick you at six?" She said.

"Perfect." I replied.