Chapter 48

Chaeyoung POV

I slumped back on the chair and let the nurse push me around. My parents were here to sign the usual papers before they leave. After my first failed surgery I started doing this alone. Aunt Jeongyeon would come by later when I'm done to pick me up. My rules didn't change, I'm still doing this by myself but I needed her here first. Not in the clingy way, but in sort of everything will be fine with her here kind of way. We stayed up last night while she read to me. It was three in the morning when we finished our book. Afterwards, we talked a lot and laughed a lot. I heard her stifled yawns. That's when I asked her to go to sleep. She kept the line open and I fell asleep on the sound of her even steady breathing.

I grinned.

"Now you're smiling and stopped rumbling. Wait here until I grab your file." The nurse's voice penetrated my thought.

I was too savouring the memories of yesterday's that I didn't realise when the nurse has stopped pushing the chair.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Sana's sweet voice come a moment later sending delicious tingles through my body.

"I couldn't find a parking space." She added.

"Hey you." I reached out eagerly.

The moment our hands touched I started pulling her demanding my usual 'hello' kiss. I felt her tense and not getting any closer.

"Chaeyoung, your parent are here." She whispered sounding nervous.

I grinned.

"So? They do know we kiss. A lot!" I said not whispering at all.

Her hand tightened around mine, signalling me to stop. But I wouldn't. I want my kiss! Turning my head to the direction where I heard my parents spoke a moment ago.

"Look away people. I'm trying to kiss my girlfriend here." I said.

Sana gasped then slapped my arm shyly making me laugh. Shy Sana is unusual and she only show this whenever there is my parent. I could hear my mom muffled voice saying something.

"They look so cute." I heard mom said.

I turned back to my girl and demanded.

"Now, give me the goodie." I said.

Nope, I actually enchanted shamelessly.

"Give me the goodie!" I enchanted.

"And I won't stop!" I warned her.

"Give me the goodie!" I continued enchanted.

When Sana finally laughed, I pulled her gently until she was sitting on my lap and her arm rounded my neck. Jolts happiness rushed through my body when she leaned in. I had no idea how she could calm my nerves and set them on the fire at the same time. A couple of 'ah's and 'awe's whispered around us and Sana smiled against my lips before breaking our kiss and my heart skipped a beat. I never felt this relaxed before any of the previous surgeries.

"Chaeyoung?" She called my name in question.

"Hmm." I was still light headed.

"What are you wearing?" She asked.

I grinned innocently running a hand over the fabric.

"My favourite shirt. For good luck!" I said.

"Oh really?" I could hear the laugh in her voice.

Then, her finger rubbed a specific spot on my shirt.

"It has a pink stain on it." She said.

Capturing her hand, I nodded. Slowly entwining our fingers, feeling how perfectly hers fits in mine.